Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on the Vancouver to Seattle trip in an SR+ - charged up to 100% pre-trip but could have left at 90%. Easily made it to Lynnwood supercharger and had to rush out of the Fred Meyers when I got the alert that the car was already charged to 80%.

This was my first time supercharging and now that I know what it's like, I've completely lost all range anxiety about future trips. It's a game-changer.

Update on the Vancouver to Seattle trip in an SR+ - charged up to 100% pre-trip but could have left at 90%. Easily made it to Lynnwood supercharger and had to rush out of the Fred Meyers when I got the alert that the car was already charged to 80%.

This was my first time supercharging and now that I know what it's like, I've completely lost all range anxiety about future trips. It's a game-changer.

I have yet to use a SC. Tell us more about that experience. How much charge you onboard in Lynnwood? How long did it take? What did you do whilst waiting, etc.?

I have yet to use a SC. Tell us more about that experience. How much charge you onboard in Lynnwood? How long did it take? What did you do whilst waiting, etc.?

Last week I drove for the day with a friend to our summer place to install a 14-50 on a 50A breaker in the garage. Trip is about 165 miles each way from South of Portland to near Sunriver, over Santiam Pass (4800 ft). Since we were returning the same day, we stopped at the Bend Supercharger, my first 'real' Supercharge i.e. necessary in order to get home. Normally I charge at 29 mph on 50A circuit at home using a 6-50 welder socket.

The Bend SC is in the Fred Meyer parking lot. We pulled in with about 75 miles and picked up 110 miles in 13 minutes. There were 3 other cars there, so we got the last unoccupied pair. We sat in the car with the A/C because it was hot and we wanted to watch the nav planning. The best part was the real time updates on the nav plan back to home. When we started it showed a stop at the Detroit Lake Supercharger, then, after a bit, that was removed from the plan. I just sat and waited for the destination to get a bit over 20% and then unplugged and left.

We left the SC with about 185 miles for a 150 mile trip. That would normally not be enough for me, but the trip includes about 3500 feet of altitude loss = extra miles. The planner projected about 21% arrival and we were at about 19% when we arrived (extra fun enroute).

Last week I drove for the day with a friend to our summer place to install a 14-50 on a 50A breaker in the garage. Trip is about 165 miles each way from South of Portland to near Sunriver, over Santiam Pass (4800 ft). Since we were returning the same day, we stopped at the Bend Supercharger, my first 'real' Supercharge i.e. necessary in order to get home. Normally I charge at 29 mph on 50A circuit at home using a 6-50 welder socket.

The Bend SC is in the Fred Meyer parking lot. We pulled in with about 75 miles and picked up 110 miles in 13 minutes. There were 3 other cars there, so we got the last unoccupied pair. We sat in the car with the A/C because it was hot and we wanted to watch the nav planning. The best part was the real time updates on the nav plan back to home. When we started it showed a stop at the Detroit Lake Supercharger, then, after a bit, that was removed from the plan. I just sat and waited for the destination to get a bit over 20% and then unplugged and left.

We left the SC with about 185 miles for a 150 mile trip. That would normally not be enough for me, but the trip includes about 3500 feet of altitude loss = extra miles. The planner projected about 21% arrival and we were at about 19% when we arrived (extra fun enroute).

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

We arrived with about 100km to spare (20 something %), charged up to 80% which was just under 300km IIRC. The screen said about 25mins when we left, but it may have sped up after that because we didn't get to finish shopping at Fred Meyers. Although we weren't in a rush, just browsing normally.

Really easy to use - just open your charge port and stick the supercharger cable in there. It showed a cost, but now I see that my free supercharging miles have gone down. About $8 USD and maybe a quarter or a dime.

We arrived with about 100km to spare (20 something %), charged up to 80% which was just under 300km IIRC. The screen said about 25mins when we left, but it may have sped up after that because we didn't get to finish shopping at Fred Meyers. Although we weren't in a rush, just browsing normally.

Really easy to use - just open your charge port and stick the supercharger cable in there. It showed a cost, but now I see that my free supercharging miles have gone down. About $8 USD and maybe a quarter or a dime.
Thank you!

Reactions: cadetsea

Yep. Super easy! It looks fine the Superchargers update the Tesla network on if they’re being used or not every couple minutes because there was a little lag from plugging in before I saw that it showed one less stall was available. It gives you a warning when charging is about to come to an end so you do have a heads up before charging is complete.

I charged twice at the Ritzville Supercharger yesterday. On my way up (didn’t need to charge even in my SR+ but wanted to try it out) and back. Going up I noticed it took about 12 minutes to walk over to Starbucks (just a couple hundred feet away, a safe walk), order my drink, use the restroom, and get the drink and walk back. I had under estimated quick stops like that being like 5 minutes which made me think a 20 minute stop might be a little annoying, but doable. Now it looks like supercharging will really blend into the background unless you need to really charge it to full.

That said, on the way home I did the same thing. I plugged in, watched it start. My battery level was ~58% so when it only hit 60kW I didn’t think anything of it... it bounced once or twice to 0kW and then back up and then I walked over to Starbucks. Once I got to Starbucks (2 min later?) I got a notification that charging had stopped and I couldn’t get it started again from the app. Once I got a drink and walked back to the car I saw that it said to check the charging equipment and had a Tesla phone number. I just switched stalls to the one I had used on my way up and it worked fine. It was the stall nearest the electrical cabinets if anyone has had issues at this location before. I did notice a car using that stall earlier in the day and it seemed to work fine for them...

This wasn’t an issue for me, but could be annoying if you NEED every minute of charge. Especially if you’re solo. Running back to move the car would mean stepping out of line, etc.

Hey Tri Cities buddy! I got my Blue on White around the time you got yours. Did you end up doing anything to it so far? (Tint, accessories, etc)
Yep, have the ceramic tint and paint protection film on the front. The tint is great here in the desert really limits the heat. I'll probably get the ceramic paint protection all around after we get back from vacation. we leave for Arizona on Friday.

Where did you get your work done?

A Different Shade
3500 W Clearwater Ave, # B Kennewick WA 99336

They aren't the cheapest, but they do good work. I got the xpel window tint and the xpel self healing paint film. There were a number of places I talked to that said they could do ceramic tint for about half the price of A Different Shade, but when I did some research online there were only a couple of ceramic films that were really good for reducing heat and the others were not available in the Tri Cities. The cheap ones were not worth getting.

A Different Shade
3500 W Clearwater Ave, # B Kennewick WA 99336

They aren't the cheapest, but they do good work. I got the xpel window tint and the xpel self healing paint film. There were a number of places I talked to that said they could do ceramic tint for about half the price of A Different Shade, but when I did some research online there were only a couple of ceramic films that were really good for reducing heat and the others were not available in the Tri Cities. The cheap ones were not worth getting.

Ha! I was wondering if you went there! I just got mine done from them (dropped the car off last Tuesday) and they were telling me they just had a Red on white Model 3 in that got very similar work done! :)

I got PPF on; full front, a-pillars, rocket panels, truck entry lip. Also got 30% tint on side windows and 70% on the windshield. Didn’t touch the top or rear just to be extra safe since I’ve read about cracking issues...

If anyone is interested PDX Tesla will be doing the Hood River, OR fruit loop again in October. We meet up and convoy to different sellers along the route. Anyone coming in from the east or north we can arrange a spot to meet. We convoy to a few fruit sellers then people break off and head into Hood River for a late lunch. There are lots of other things to see in the area including a car and aircraft museum and some wineries.

Reactions: matt_net_zero
Ha! I was wondering if you went there! I just got mine done from them (dropped the car off last Tuesday) and they were telling me they just had a Red on white Model 3 in that got very similar work done! :)

I got PPF on; full front, a-pillars, rocket panels, truck entry lip. Also got 30% tint on side windows and 70% on the windshield. Didn’t touch the top or rear just to be extra safe since I’ve read about cracking issues...

Okay, I saw yours there when I came in for the 1 week check. I was not worried about any cracking issues so i had the top done dark and the back at 35.

Okay, I saw yours there when I came in for the 1 week check. I was not worried about any cracking issues so i had the top done dark and the back at 35.

I might tint the top/back in the spring... but so far I’m really impressed by the heat reduction from the windshield and side windows.

How long did you week checkup take? I’m debating just waiting there for it instead of trying to get a ride and drop the car off...

I might tint the top/back in the spring... but so far I’m really impressed by the heat reduction from the windshield and side windows.

How long did you week checkup take? I’m debating just waiting there for it instead of trying to get a ride and drop the car off...
Only took about 10 minutes as long as they don't find a problem.

If anyone is interested PDX Tesla will be doing the Hood River, OR fruit loop again in October. We meet up and convoy to different sellers along the route. Anyone coming in from the east or north we can arrange a spot to meet. We convoy to a few fruit sellers then people break off and head into Hood River for a late lunch. There are lots of other things to see in the area including a car and aircraft museum and some wineries.
I would be interested in more info. May be able to drive over from Pasco, depending on when in October.