Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try this for Rainier? I've obsessed over whether the 85 kWh battery can make it from home to Paradise and back; it will be a tight fit. With a public J1772 charger in Paradise, anyone in the Seattle area would be able to go. I'd gladly pay usage fees for the charger.
About a year ago I drove from Capitol Hill in Seattle, picked up a friend in Kirkland, up to Paradise, back to Kirkland, then home, all on a single charge. The weather was in the 30s and 40s. The trip was 242 miles total, and I returned with 18 rated miles.

Anyone notice the new (at least I think they are new) supercharger dot placements in Washington? It looks like there is one in the coming soon section and then another one in the 2014 section. Any idea where these are going? One looks like Vantage maybe (which makes complete sense) but what is the other?!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm could be Moses lake and Ritzville I guess?

Anyone notice the new (at least I think they are new) supercharger dot placements in Washington? It looks like there is one in the coming soon section and then another one in the 2014 section. Any idea where these are going? One looks like Vantage maybe (which makes complete sense) but what is the other?!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm could be Moses lake and Ritzville I guess?

The existing one on I90 is Ellensburg.
The two that appear along I90 when you click to coming soon section appear to be Ritzville and Couer d'Alene Idaho.
The one that appears when you click to 2014 appears to be Moses Lake and I bet that that location dot is obsolete and won't be built because the Ritzville and Couer d'Alene locations are better.

The existing one on I90 is Ellensburg.
The two that appear along I90 when you click to coming soon section appear to be Ritzville and Couer d'Alene Idaho.
The one that appears when you click to 2014 appears to be Moses Lake and I bet that that location dot is obsolete and won't be built because the Ritzville and Couer d'Alene locations are better.

It would be nice to have one in Vantage so people can travel to WSU and UofI. Maybe eventually they will put one around there.

Maybe I don't remember where ritzville is relative to the split off continuing on I90 or taking HWY26 to Pullman. I thought Ritzville was past the exit for HWY 26

Its 30 miles from Ellensburg to Vantage. Another 150 miles from there along HWY26 to Pullman. Making the 180 miles to Pullman from Ellensburg should be possible even for a 60.
If you want another charge stop on the way you could stay on I90 to Ritzville and then head to Pullman. It adds 27 miles to the route.
If you wanted to drive to Pullman, drop off and turn around without charging you can go through Ritzville, it is 93 miles from Pullman, making a 186 mile round trip Ritzville - Pullman - Ritzville.
However, college towns like Pullman should totally have some 20kW HPCs.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish that there was out on the peninsula, allowing one to traverse the scenic loop of 101. another one east of the mountains on rt 2 would be very nice as well! we all need to make requests more, looking at how many S CA is getting, sheesh!

I totally agree. I really want the 101 all along the coast to get some service. I don't think they need to try to plan a complete connection every 150 miles, some service is better than none.
I would like to see one on 101 near Aberdeen in WA, one or two in Oregon between Tillamook and Coos Bay, and Eureka and Ukiah in California.
It would totally make sense for those to fill in after all the dots on the current 2015 supercharger map though.

It would totally make sense for those to fill in after all the dots on the current 2015 supercharger map though.

Yes, not a big priority, but it would be nice to know that it was on the Horizon. at this point I get the feeling that us polite and unimposing nor westers are giving the impression to Tesla that we don't need the kind of roll out the south westers are getting. I do wonder if we'd see more dots on the map if we squawked a bit louder.

Its 30 miles from Ellensburg to Vantage. Another 150 miles from there along HWY26 to Pullman. Making the 180 miles to Pullman from Ellensburg should be possible even for a 60.
If you want another charge stop on the way you could stay on I90 to Ritzville and then head to Pullman. It adds 27 miles to the route.
If you wanted to drive to Pullman, drop off and turn around without charging you can go through Ritzville, it is 93 miles from Pullman, making a 186 mile round trip Ritzville - Pullman - Ritzville.
However, college towns like Pullman should totally have some 20kW HPCs.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree. I really want the 101 all along the coast to get some service. I don't think they need to try to plan a complete connection every 150 miles, some service is better than none.
I would like to see one on 101 near Aberdeen in WA, one or two in Oregon between Tillamook and Coos Bay, and Eureka and Ukiah in California.

Ah thanks. That makes sense.

101 Loop: Yes, SuChg would be nice but that isn't a drive-thru area like I-90 through eastern WA. You do the loop, planning on stopping for many hours at a time, plus overnight. Lots of 220V outlets in parking lots would do. Perhaps Tesla could install HPWCs in a few scenic spots and hotels.

I really wish that there was out on the peninsula, allowing one to traverse the scenic loop of 101. another one east of the mountains on rt 2 would be very nice as well! we all need to make requests more, looking at how many S CA is getting, sheesh!

+1. But I'd be happy if one or two of those CS90s found there way out there.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems odd to still have the Moses Lake charger dot (definitely not at Vantage) on the 2014 map with the new Ritzville SC on the coming soon map. It makes no sense. I'd much rather see the Hermiston area SC before Moses Lake. Open up Walla Walla wine country please! (Yeah, first world problems...)

Ritzville is a much better placement than Moses lake anyway since it is sort of halfway between Eburg and CDL. Makes a trip to Spokane a breeze (half charging all the way).

+1. But I'd be happy if one or two of those CS90s found there way out there.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems odd to still have the Moses Lake charger dot (definitely not at Vantage) on the 2014 map with the new Ritzville SC on the coming soon map. It makes no sense. I'd much rather see the Hermiston area SC before Moses Lake. Open up Walla Walla wine country please! (Yeah, first world problems...)

Ritzville is a much better placement than Moses lake anyway since it is sort of halfway between Eburg and CDL. Makes a trip to Spokane a breeze (half charging all the way).

I wouldn't mind SCs at both locations. It just gives more options. Eventually we hope these replace gas stations right? Lol

I wouldn't mind SCs at both locations. It just gives more options. Eventually we hope these replace gas stations right? Lol

Well, they can put them anywhere they want but I'd prefer to see SCs going to extend the coverage, not fill in between ones that are 120 miles apart, at first anyway. Would much prefer the Hermiston, OR one before Moses lake.

Well, they can put them anywhere they want but I'd prefer to see SCs going to extend the coverage, not fill in between ones that are 120 miles apart, at first anyway. Would much prefer the Hermiston, OR one before Moses lake.

Ditto. If you really can't make it between Ellensburg and Spokane, a level 2 charger would let you with a couple hours in Moses Lake. And that would be only necessary if you have a 60kWh version, or really really want to speed. Hermiston opens it up for making it to Woodburn, or to get you closer to Boise.

Ditto. If you really can't make it between Ellensburg and Spokane, a level 2 charger would let you with a couple hours in Moses Lake. And that would be only necessary if you have a 60kWh version, or really really want to speed. Hermiston opens it up for making it to Woodburn, or to get you closer to Boise.

+1 to that.
Moses lake should be lower priority than Hermiston and Ritzville, both of which open up the routes better for more demographics.

However, local negotiations' progress often trumps "best case" prioritization, so we might get SuperChargers in places not to our ideal timeline.

Please explain why Vantage is necessary given that Ellensburg and Ritzville superchargers will exist.

Ellensburg is about 200 miles from Pullman/Moscow. Vantage is the major interchange for several highways and it is the commonly used route to Pullman and Moscow.
Moses Lake would work, but it is out of the way.

Ellensburg to WSU/U of probably wouldn't be possible during school season due to the extreme cold spells. Elevation changes need to be considered too.
Ritzville is way out of the way for those coming from the west. Those coming from the East would probably use a completely different route out of Spokane.

I just have to wonder why they chose Ritzville. I don't understand that one.