Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watched Elon's presentation video on Tesla's debut in the UAE on another thread where he states the new Tesla can do 0-60 in 2.27 sec and 0-100 km in 2.4. He also sais it is a lot of fun and you experience 1.2 g's. At least Elon still supports driving to the limit and boasts the Tesla is quicker than any multi-million 2 seaters to 60 mph.

No software update yet.

So it looks like I won't be doing any extensive tests yet...

IMG_5658.JPG

Got this immediately after starting the car post the update.. I've called my service center manager and am awaiting his response.

Last edited:
Hold it.
Let me understand this.
Nope, no problem... Car working as normal. Nothing to see.... Move along....

To

!!!!!!!! Holly Crap, Do NOT Use the Car. It's going to blow up.

I find it terribly interesting how the acceleration use issue has evolved. Who was it that was questioning the concept of avalanche failures?

Another observation.
Why on earth did this message have even a snowball's chance of getting posted on the forums? It is customer service and PR management 101 to address these cases privately and in person to prevent such a screen shot from being posted on a public forum. I can see the headlines now; Sure, you can buy Tesla's fancy car but if you use it you will get this screen.

This is not push back for posting the screen shot but an observation that you should never have been put in the position in the first place. They KNEW you had a problem and KNEW they were going to be taking responsibility for the condition of your car. Why on earth let you go through this part of the process when it was known you would go through it. It adds no value yet does tremendous damage.

Last edited:
Ok, I have to admit that I did crack up when I saw @Tech_Guy post about the battery needing service. Sorry.

But seriously, I would be very interested in which component is responsible for the fault message. e.g. Is it the HV contactors, a specific module, cabling, or the fuse?

There's another issue as well.

Before @JonMc had posted that Tesla would be changing the policy, the cars were simply being power restricted. But one could still "accelerate hard" as the warning now warns not to do. The hard accelerations would not have been as hard as before the power-limiting, but they still would have been hard accelerations.

My point is, if there is now a warning against this, to prevent something--additional battery issues or perhaps something worse--what would have happened without Mr. McNeill's involvement?

Am I off base here, or should this be of concern to us?

There's another issue as well.

Before @JonMc had posted that Tesla would be changing the policy, the cars were simply being power restricted. But one could still "accelerate hard" as the warning now warns not to do. The hard accelerations would not have been as hard as before the power-limiting, but they still would have been hard accelerations.

My point is, if there is now a warning against this, to prevent something--additional battery issues or perhaps something worse--what would have happened without Mr. McNeill's involvement?

Am I off base here, or should this be of concern to us?

My assumption is the limits would prevent whatever damage from occurring. Now with the limits removed, the car is telling you to self limit. So acceleration up to 435kW or whatever the limit was shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: hostman and MP3Mike