Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Genuinely I think it is unfortunate it's not already fixed, so on a personal note I hope Tesla "see you right" soon.

The hole is below the waterline for me, I won't buy a performance Tesla after this sorry saga, so all I can offer is sincere appreciation of your honesty and frankness.

I'd offer to buy you a drink or three if you were ever in the UK.

Saying that a U.S roadtrip is on my bucket list for 2017... so who knows !! (Trump border control policies allowing ;) )
I was just in the UK visiting JLR last week. Come to Detroit when you come to the US!

Reactions: smac
Just asking but what case would you have? Does the car meet the advertised specs? If so then I don't see how any 3rd party articles could be used to go after Tesla in any way. I don't know if your P90DL gets the advertised 0-60 time but if it does, or did when you first got it, then I don't think you'll get very far...

Am I wrong to think about it in these terms?

Jeff

No, I don't think it does. First, it only pull 449 kW, or 602 hp. That's a very long distance from the 761 hp referenced in the articles.

0 - 60 isn't as advertised, however, I don't have access to the "1 foot rollout" data from the Powertools app so I guess that's Tesla's out on that one?

Reactions: hostman
I have only ever purchased one new from Tesla, and it was such a poor experience overall, I don't think I will consider it ever again until they clean up their act.

Excellent post, at least one with which I completely agree. I'd like to point out one positive....Tesla has no true "dealerships". I've had a lot of experience buying expensive foreign and domestic autos, and here's my bottom line: Dealerships are staffed by people who don't know (but tell you they do) and generally don't care once they've gotten your money, often they're off to another dealership before long.

Hate to be stupid in public, but how is that done with the PowerTools app?

No drag strip near me so that's out of the question, unfortunately.

Thx.
You could buy a vbox and an external antenna... that's what most magazines use to collect this data...

Hi everyone,

Based on your input, we have decided to remove all software performance reductions tied to frequent max power usage. These changes will roll out with our next software update (in about three weeks).
Tomorrow is the 3 week mark, hopefully the next update will restore power for those effected. Unfortunately last weeks update had no power changes for my effected car... Who knows maybe it will arrive tomorrow, FINGERS CROSSED :)

Last edited:
@Tech_Guy Someone posted that they got a new firmware version, 17.6.15, on ev-fw.com with a comment of: "Removes performance restrictions". Any chance you, or any other limited people, have gotten this version and can comment on the change?

That was me. That's what the release notes say...

IMG_5775.JPG

That was me. That's what the release notes say...

It's great that this update is out.

The only negative is I think many of us thought, when Jon McNeill made the announcement and said "about three weeks" that the restriction removing would take place in the first 8.1 update which would be out in that time frame. The fact that the restrictions have been removed in a non-8.1 update makes me worried that 8.1 will be delayed even more than it already has been.

Oh well. Good news anyway!

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18 and njxman
@Tech_Guy Someone posted that they got a new firmware version, 17.6.15, on ev-fw.com with a comment of: "Removes performance restrictions". Any chance you, or any other limited people, have gotten this version and can comment on the change?

Unfortunately I have not gotten the update yet I contacted tesla tech support but they were unwilling to push to update to my car :mad:. I gave the guy some background that I've basically had my performance reduced now for 5 months. Can't say I'm happy... I did also try to call my SM, though I didn't want to at such a late hour to see if he could have it pushed to my car as promised.. I was hoping tech support could resolve this for me without having to contact him!

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make some progress on this tomorrow when I can reach my SM though it would have been a lot nicer if I had received it asap as promised especially since I was the first to be effected and discover this!! I will report back here when I can confirm this update restores my cars power!

Unfortunately I have not gotten the update yet I contacted tesla tech support but they were unwilling to push to update to my car :mad:. I gave the guy some background that I've basically had my performance reduced now for 5 months. Can't say I'm happy... I did also try to call my SM, though I didn't want to at such a late hour to see if he could have it pushed to my car as promised.. I was hoping tech support could resolve this for me without having to contact him!

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make some progress on this tomorrow when I can reach my SM though it would have been a lot nicer if I had received it asap as promised especially since I was the first to be effected and discover this!! I will report back here when I can confirm this update restores my cars power!

If you really must have the update now, you can simply drive through one of the geo-fenced areas that prioritize updates. There was a thread on it a while ago.