Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid for Autopilot... Not active on delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else pay for Enhanced Autopilot but not have it active on delivery? Took a few miles and the system was calibrated via street lines and cars on screen. No autopilot. The autopilot menu looks different than our X. Called support and they said in one system I have enhanced but the other I don't. I'm betting I was matched to a vehicle instead of the one that was originally built for me. They said it could be a week before it's fixed as I'm in a cue.

57B829B9-633A-4D5A-8FBC-E997A50D68D7.jpeg 752E244E-7ACE-458C-B436-07EA345B97AD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: S5S5G6
Same thing happened to me. Calll them and they will fix it in a couple of days. What’s sad is it took them like a week to fix it, but on my second Tesla, I paid for it after I purchased the vehicle and it unlocked that night.

Same with me. I did add EAP after my VIN was assigned. I suspect they didn't have time to reprogram it before the delivery. I've put in a support request. I'm not too upset since the car is very fun to drive on its own anyway. I'm going on a road trip next week though so it would be nice to have it activated by then.

Anyone else pay for Enhanced Autopilot but not have it active on delivery? Took a few miles and the system was calibrated via street lines and cars on screen. No autopilot. The autopilot menu looks different than our X. Called support and they said in one system I have enhanced but the other I don't. I'm betting I was matched to a vehicle instead of the one that was originally built for me. They said it could be a week before it's fixed as I'm in a cue.

View attachment 338916 View attachment 338917

Yes I added it after I had received a VIN. When I showed up to take delivery back in June the Rep said that it wasn't activated and they had to enable the EAP. So yes I had the same experience. It took several days before it was enabled on my Tesla. The delay might be because the engineering techs might be busy with all the delivery goals they have. But it was enabled though. Even though the service center said they put in a ticket at the time I picked up my car, I still had to call several days later to find out when the ticket would be completed. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that EAP was enabled. This seems to be a bit of a common issue I had seen several other posts about this same thing.

I'm assuming those of you without Autopilot have already checked, but since I've run into more than a few people telling me it didn't work, I've quit assuming ...

Make sure that 'Autosteer' is turned ON (find it on your Autopilot screen).

View attachment 338916 View attachment 338917
Mine also came without EAP even though I paid for it. I called my local service center (where I took delivery), and they pushed out EAP within 20 minutes. No idea why they would say it takes a week.

Same with me. I did add EAP after my VIN was assigned. I suspect they didn't have time to reprogram it before the delivery. I've put in a support request. I'm not too upset since the car is very fun to drive on its own anyway. I'm going on a road trip next week though so it would be nice to have it activated by then.

It was activated on my vehicle this morning. They put in the service request Monday or Tuesday.

Resurrecting this old thread. This has occurred to me as well, paid for EAP, no autopilot at all. Both EAP and FSD are available for purchase for me in the online store for my car. I put in an online request with Tesla.