Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid for EAP, got a car without it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my car for 4 days now and absolutely love it. However, when I went to test autopilot I noticed the menu doesn’t mention anything about autosteer or summon, and after reading up on the topic I noticed I only have a “cruise control” icon in my stalk. This leads me to believe they gave me a car that doesn’t include EAP. Can they fix this with a software update and replacing the stalk, or am I missing extra cameras because of this mistake?

Update. I called and they hemmed and hawed for a bit, then refused to update it over the air. I emailed my service center after to see what they could do and I'm still waiting for a reply. It's been over 24 hours and they still haven't emailed me back.

Update. I called and they hemmed and hawed for a bit, then refused to update it over the air. I emailed my service center after to see what they could do and I'm still waiting for a reply. It's been over 24 hours and they still haven't emailed me back.

Why would they hem and haw about it? It's in your configuration and you paid for it right? That's easy for them to see.

I also paid for a car with EAP and got a car without it. I called support on Monday and spoke to a human after more than 1hr hold time. Then, I was told that my issue required escalation and I would be contacted in a day or two. Well, now it's been three and I'm quite frustrated. What are my options?

I paid for but did not get EAP on delivery. Called customer service who verified that I had paid for it, they opened a service ticket and with a couple of days (I called Friday afternoon) I got an email saying that it was turned on. It is working, no issues.

Any luck yet? Are you able to take it into a service center?

I just picked up my car today at the Dallas service center, and despite having ordered/payed for EAP it was not activated during our walk around. I mentioned it and they activated it right then and there. It finished calibrating on the way home and I was able to test it out for about 10 miles.

Dedham, MA center said they're going to update it over the air, but it will take three days. Not a big deal, just odd it takes that long to send an update. As for the icon on the stalk, I'll ask them to replace it when I take my car in for service at some point. I know it's meaningless, but after spending $60k on a car it really should have everything correct.

Dedham, MA center said they're going to update it over the air, but it will take three days. Not a big deal, just odd it takes that long to send an update. As for the icon on the stalk, I'll ask them to replace it when I take my car in for service at some point. I know it's meaningless, but after spending $60k on a car it really should have everything correct.
…the stalk is the same for all cars?