Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Mismatch Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took Delivery on Friday, inspection was done inside. Now that I have looked at the the paint in the daylight it appears that the doors and rear 1/4 quarter panel do not match. Am I seeing things that aren’t really there. Thanks for your opinions

upload_2020-6-22_5-17-36.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Curious of some of those doors/panels were sent out to local body shops for repainting or other issues that were there before.. seems odd the panels would be that off from the factory but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised either.

Dam that is so not right. How the hell did that leave the factory? I assume this is because they are building them under the BIG TOP aka tent.

They need better lighting in that tent. :)

Talk about a need for paint "correction"! Guess it doesn't matter much if the car is going to be wrapped with a different color or finish, but that looks waaaaay off.

The wrap would be nice to protect the paint but NOT to cover-up Tesla's screw-ups. ;)

It is hard to say from this photo, but last week there were quite a few reports about mismatching paint. I rejected mine for exactly the same reason. So I am not surprised about your observation. Here is the photos of the car from Saturday.

View attachment 554753View attachment 554755
Yours definitely shows a mismatch, especially between the doors and rear 1/4 panel. I will tell you because the bumper covers are plastic they are very hard to match, that goes with most cars in white. I think I might take it to a body Shop here that specializes in Tesla body repair and get their opinion.

Yours definitely shows a mismatch, especially between the doors and rear 1/4 panel. I will tell you because the bumper covers are plastic they are very hard to match, that goes with most cars in white. I think I might take it to a body Shop here that specializes in Tesla body repair and get their opinion.

That's why I declined their offer to accept the delivery and let them "make it right." Even though no promises for the loaner. I would be OK with a couple of imperfections, but this is too much. :)

Same! Declined delivery yesterday due to the same paint issue (among other things). Both driver and passenger doors were a darker/cooler hue. It almost looked like they needed one more coat of paint. I see it everywhere now! Most white Model Y’s I find photos of online have this mismatch. Saw a M3 on the road today that I swear had the mismatch also...

I would recommend to anyone picking up a white MY to inspect it in a shady area. Direct sunlight will hide this well.

It’s a gorgeous car, can’t wait for some of these bugs to be resolved.

Attachments

• D78F6C65-BD98-4F5F-AC22-7921CE1A8945.jpeg
    D78F6C65-BD98-4F5F-AC22-7921CE1A8945.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Informative
Reactions: kevin1
Clearly, do not take delivery under the covered parking. Definitely 2 tone in all the wrong ways.
Same! Declined delivery yesterday due to the same paint issue (among other things). Both driver and passenger doors were a darker/cooler hue. It almost looked like they needed one more coat of paint. I see it everywhere now! Most white Model Y’s I find photos of online have this mismatch. Saw a M3 on the road today that I swear had the mismatch also...

I would recommend to anyone picking up a white MY to inspect it in a shady area. Direct sunlight will hide this well.

It’s a gorgeous car, can’t wait for some of these bugs to be resolved.
That's how they got me. It was under a covered parking spot and was hard to see in the shade. When I used the detail spray on it this morning, this is what I saw!

Attachments

• 20200622_095340.jpg
    20200622_095340.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 312
  • Helpful
Reactions: raggedy
Clearly, do not take delivery under the covered parking. Definitely 2 tone in all the wrong ways.

That's how they got me. It was under a covered parking spot and was hard to see in the shade. When I used the detail spray on it this morning, this is what I saw!

I would be interested to know what Tesla offers to resolve the issue. They offered to paint mine if I accept the delivery, but there would be no loaner(!!!)

I would be interested to know what Tesla offers to resolve the issue. They offered to paint mine if I accept the delivery, but there would be no loaner(!!!)
Wow! They really want to get these cars delivered asap. You should accept their paint offer as long as you get to choose where it goes and have them pay for it. Full custom color options for the entire car for FREEEEEE!