Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection - Got my car Autoflex'ed with the concept silver during the reveal + Aero colorede

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, according to the website of the guy who did mine, it's supposed to last 6+ years with "proper care". Now, Dear Hubby and I are keeping our beloved Model S for road trips, and it still looks amazing after 3 1/2 years. We got a complete clear wrap on that and it cost about twice as much as I paid for the Autoflex. We'll see how well it holds up in comparison. DH got his Model 3 several weeks ago, and he opted to just do a clear wrap on the front of his baby, so we'll see how well THAT works in comparison. Here's the link to Rose City Dip which has some info about Autoflex. I found that site after coming across this thread and researching Autoflex in my area, and again, I'm pleased to say that it's worked out beautifully. I love my car. See more pics of it in the website's "recent work" photo gallery. Beauty. :)

I will be updating here as I come across any issues. Here's hoping I don't! By the way, I opted to leave the Autoflex on the Tesla emblem, instead of having Dom peel it off after the spraying. I think it looks really cool "embossed" like that. See photo. :)

RoseCityDip.com

How much did you pay for autoflex Model 3 or S?

How much did you pay for autoflex Model 3 or S?

Sorry, didn't see this... haven't checked the thread in ages. I paid $2500. Still glad I did it... the silver looks amazing. :)

My latest project for my 3 is replacing the wood dash strip, which I never liked. Always thought that I'd get a carbon fiber wrap or something like that. But then I thought, hey, we have art in our homes, right? Why can't we have it in our cars?! So I ordered a white dash strip (makes for a better "canvas" than the textured wood veneer) and an artist whose work I really like is painting it right now. I hope that more folks consider this idea and we have an annual art competition or something! :)

Sorry, didn't see this... haven't checked the thread in ages. I paid $2500. Still glad I did it... the silver looks amazing. :)

My latest project for my 3 is replacing the wood dash strip, which I never liked. Always thought that I'd get a carbon fiber wrap or something like that. But then I thought, hey, we have art in our homes, right? Why can't we have it in our cars?! So I ordered a white dash strip (makes for a better "canvas" than the textured wood veneer) and an artist whose work I really like is painting it right now. I hope that more folks consider this idea and we have an annual art competition or something! :)
As almost 3 years have passed. Would you do it again? I’m thinking of getting this exact job done on my new MS refresh. The company doing autoflex over here seems to now have moved over to NG Protect as it is allegedly even better than Autoflex but who knows.

Almost 3 years here and yes, would definetly do it again. Its basically liquid PPF and holds up just like goos quality PPF (self-healing, leveling et al).

No rocker panel, fender edge paint damage and a nice swirl free finish across the entire car. No discoloring, no peeling, etc.

Reactions: fakerlind
Almost 3 years here and yes, would definetly do it again. Its basically liquid PPF and holds up just like goos quality PPF (self-healing, leveling et al).

No rocker panel, fender edge paint damage and a nice swirl free finish across the entire car. No discoloring, no peeling, etc.
Which color did you get. and in terms of cleaning/maintenance how does that look? I don't think you can apply ceramic coating on top can you? Thanks!

Which color did you get. and in terms of cleaning/maintenance how does that look? I don't think you can apply ceramic coating on top can you? Thanks!
Sroy - unlike the OP, I opted for the transparent clearcoat look in gloss. Basically keeping the OE color directly below.

Had ceramic applied on top about a year later, which is still holding up fine with annual refreshes. Overkill imo, good enough to use the new spray on coatings.

You can mechanically buff, polish/ compound, even wetsand this finish.

Some videos and photos of my car and many many other Tesla's done by Phillips and team here: Login • Instagram

Sroy - unlike the OP, I opted for the transparent clearcoat look in gloss. Basically keeping the OE color directly below.

Had ceramic applied on top about a year later, which is still holding up fine with annual refreshes. Overkill imo, good enough to use the new spray on coatings.

You can mechanically buff, polish/ compound, even wetsand this finish.

Some videos and photos of my car and many many other Tesla's done by Phillips and team here: Login • Instagram
Thanks!