Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof adhesive "trails"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsmith2189

Aug 18, 2012
has anyone else noticed a "trail" of adhesive coming from the leading corner edges of the rear pano roof?
it appears to be coming out of the seam (on either side) of the rubber seal on the rear pano roof.
I've had the car for 4 months now and am still getting a trail of black adhesive coming out.
It comes off with a little cleaner and elbow grease, but is still annoying.

I had that. In addition, the rubber seal along the rear edge of the pano roof was not only picking up this sticky gunk and trailing it across the root, it was getting stuck in said gunk and slowly getting pulled down off the pano roof edge. The ends of the rubber seal shouldn't be drooping at all; if yours is like mine, it's drooping enough to touch the roof of the car when the pano roof is open.

I took it in for service; they cleaned up the excess gunk and re-attached (or replaced, I don't know) the rear edge seal. All OK now.

I'm getting the same thing! I pointed it out to tech at my last service center visit but he just seemed puzzled about it. Almost looks like it's scratching back panel but it seems to clean off fine with some elbow grease so far. Looks like crap between cleanings though.

I had a similar issue a few months ago. I thought there was actually a crack in the pano roof. Turns out it was dried out excess sealant goop that was dragged by the roof. LA Service center is familiar with the issue and they basically cleaned out the sealant and put in new stuff so it no longer happens.

Bring it to the service center, they know how to clean it up.

Me too. How long did it take for them to fix it?

Within the day. Dropped it off in the morning, picked it up in the afternoon.

Just a clarification if you haven't dealt with a service center, I'd call ahead to make an appointment first, not just go there and drop it off :). Or sometimes they'll have you swing by to take a look then put you in their calendar for dropping it off a week or two from then.

Last edited: