Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano Roof + Textile Seats in sunny QLD = Sauna?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,
I am total newbie here and in process of ordering a S60D.

Have difficulty deciding if I should take the Pano Roof or Solid Roof.

There will be two very young kids sitting behind. Was told textile seats are way more durable than next gen leather.

Wife is not keen on Pano because she is afraid of getting grilled whole day on long trips.

Now I have only 3 days left to finalise the options. Can someone with this combination give some feedback from real world experience please?

thanks and looking forward to join the Tesla family.

EV Holiday (Gold Coast)

I have the Pano roof and first generation tan leather and have gone through 2 Sydney summers.
The glass of the pano roof has a metallic film that does an amazing job of blocking heat and we have never felt exposed by it. Additionally when the car is parked in the sun you can use the app to pop the roof letting the heat escape so the AC can cool the car down faster.

I test drove a new facelift 70D few days ago with Pano+Next Gen. Yes it's a great combo. My fear of having leather is that my kids (2+5) will be destroying the backseats within minutes. This happened to my current ride even with extra seat cover.

Does anyone ever order the Textile seat at all?

I was thinking of starting this same thread :) First off congratulations on your purchase. I just ordered yesterday 6/24 with standard textile seats but have until July 1st to change. My concern is comfort. Are the textiles just as cushioned as the upgraded leather? I have nice comfy leather in my present car but would like to switch to something different and maybe less "stick to my bumish" :) Also the next gen. seats are like sport seats and somewhat narrow.
As far as the Pano: I had the same concerns until takiing a test drive on a hot sunny day last week. I perceived NO problem at all regarding heat or glare. And I like the look better.

Haha, congrats to you too! Now I have the same Tesla fever like others. Can not sleep well and dream about the different options. LoL.

From my own research, Tesla has rolled back the Next Gen Leather Backseat to the original version. This means only with textile seat we can have the unified look of front and back.

Also I am in process of converting to a Vegan diet. (The starch Solution) From what I read online, real Vegans do not use leather... LoL.

I wish Tesla Australia could have a test car with textile seat here in QLD. But I guess at these price level, most people would go with leather.

Haha, Lucky you! only have to pay $2500 in difference. Here in Australia we have to pay extra "Luxury Car Tax" for those options. For us it's a $3750 USD option! But those next gen seats are made by Recaro. It's worth it if you prefer those.

Hi there,
I am total newbie here and in process of ordering a S60D.

Have difficulty deciding if I should take the Pano Roof or Solid Roof.

There will be two very young kids sitting behind. Was told textile seats are way more durable than next gen leather.

Wife is not keen on Pano because she is afraid of getting grilled whole day on long trips.

Now I have only 3 days left to finalise the options. Can someone with this combination give some feedback from real world experience please?

thanks and looking forward to join the Tesla family.

EV Holiday (Gold Coast)
G'day. We have standard seats (driven 35K+); I am currently in USA driving a P85D with next gen seats (looong drives like SF to Vegas) and find the next gen too friendly and constraining and hot.

On the hole in the roof - na not in Queensland.

Ray

First congratulations!
My delivery date is today, this afternoon. :) (big grin)

My 2 cents on the issue.

I did a lot of research in different forums and it "seems" like fabric seats allow for quicker cooling during hot days. I am extremely heat intolerant so I wanted rapid cooling. I read somewhere that a guy had leather seats with air conditioning on and still had a sweaty back. So I decided on cloth seats. I'll let you know how it feels after I try it out later.

As for pano roof. I've had a few cars with glass roofs. Most recent is my evoque. And I almost NEVER open up the blocking cover to expose the glass roof. So I decided to save a bit and not get the pano.

No issues with the pano roof for me, went through a Melbourne summer and on 45C day and no heat at all...more head room if that's a consideration....when 8 out of 10 people are picking the sun roof I think personally I would be getting it so you're not hit on resale value...it's a cheap option and when a lot of our cars go on Car Sales you don't want to be the one that is completely jumped over and not even considered by 8 out of 10 people because it doesn't have a sun roof. In saying that I lived in Brisbane for a few years and drop my M3 around with the roof down in summer ;-) Maybe I am just heat tolerant.

As for the fabric seats, one still sweats, I'd rather clean the leather seats form time to time than have stinky fabric seats.....after a number of years fabric seats always start to get a bit rank....not to mention the design of the Next Gen seats in my view as much better than the original seats in terms of comfort and quality.

Just my 2 cents.....

First congratulations!
My delivery date is today, this afternoon. :) (big grin)

My 2 cents on the issue.

I did a lot of research in different forums and it "seems" like fabric seats allow for quicker cooling during hot days. I am extremely heat intolerant so I wanted rapid cooling. I read somewhere that a guy had leather seats with air conditioning on and still had a sweaty back. So I decided on cloth seats. I'll let you know how it feels after I try it out later.

As for pano roof. I've had a few cars with glass roofs. Most recent is my evoque. And I almost NEVER open up the blocking cover to expose the glass roof. So I decided to save a bit and not get the pano.
My present car has very nice leather seats but I still feel like I am sweating more and they get pretty hot. But, looking on the website closely it looks like the leather seats are thicker with more cushion. So this will be a decision for me up to midnight July 1st :)

Went back to the Tesla store today and they did not have a car with textile seats again. After talking to rep.'s and going back and forth I just decided, hell with it! Upgraded to black leather. I like the tan leather but am weary of it looking dirty