Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paralysis by Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did Rivian's pricing promise work out? I forget.
I believe they reversed the price change for preorder holders:

"For anyone with a Rivian preorder as of the March 1 pricing announcement, your original configured price will be honored. If you canceled your preorder on or after March 1 and would like to reinstate it, we will restore your original configuration, pricing and delivery timing. Our team will be sending an email in the next few days with more details." -RJ

If you are talking about any changes in price during the pandemic and following highly inflationary period, then I can point to every car manufacturer.

Last edited:
Of course things are subjective, but we love the GV60's performance trim's interior - specifically the nappa leather seats, and the beautiful cabin materials. The ride is softer, quieter. We've become accustomed to driving Mercedes and Audi's for years, and never had to go into the delivery experience with a pre-delivery checklist before (which seems common with Tesla).

I actually did order a MYLR in 2021 but it arrived with a hood that wouldn't close, and honestly the delivery experience was so piss poor, we walked away and bought a Lexus hybrid the next day (I needed a car, and sold my Mercedes B250e the day before picking up the MY). The Lexus was of course - perfect, as we expected it would be, and the advisor was a pleasure to deal with. No drama.

Years later, I've come to realize that I really miss driving electric. Not because I'm looking to save the planet...just because we prefer the drive.
Based on everything you're saying and what's important to you, I think you should buy the GV60.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
Of course things are subjective, but we love the GV60's performance trim's interior - specifically the nappa leather seats, and the beautiful cabin materials. The ride is softer, quieter. We've become accustomed to driving Mercedes and Audi's for years, and never had to go into the delivery experience with a pre-delivery checklist before (which seems common with Tesla).

I actually did order a MYLR in 2021 but it arrived with a hood that wouldn't close, and honestly the delivery experience was so piss poor, we walked away and bought a Lexus hybrid the next day (I needed a car, and sold my Mercedes B250e the day before picking up the MY). The Lexus was of course - perfect, as we expected it would be, and the advisor was a pleasure to deal with. No drama.

Years later, I've come to realize that I really miss driving electric. Not because I'm looking to save the planet...just because we prefer the drive.
To me it reads like you prefer the Genesis and that the Y is nit the car that you would enjoy. I come from a much different automobile place. What to you (& mant others) is a stiff or harshly unforgiving suspension is to me road feel and I like it. As you say, subjective & a great that we have choices! We certainly agree on one thing- driving electric beats the pants off of gasoline cars! I do however want to save the planet. This may reflect our different experiences. I live on a barrier island on the Florida coast & experience the effects of climate change : global warming every dsy. You may live in a less vulnerable location geographically, but you will assuredly learn, it is not a quof if, but only a question of when, climate change will intrude on your life.

Your original question, the Genesis sounds like what you would enjoy driving rather than the Y.

Based on everything you're saying and what's important to you, I think you should buy the GV60
The right side of my brain agrees with you :)
To me it reads like you prefer the Genesis and that the Y is nit the car that you would enjoy. I come from a much different automobile place. What to you (& mant others) is a stiff or harshly unforgiving suspension is to me road feel and I like it. As you say, subjective & a great that we have choices! We certainly agree on one thing- driving electric beats the pants off of gasoline cars! I do however want to save the planet. This may reflect our different experiences. I live on a barrier island on the Florida coast & experience the effects of climate change : global warming every dsy. You may live in a less vulnerable location geographically, but you will assuredly learn, it is not a quof if, but only a question of when, climate change will intrude on your life.

Your original question, the Genesis sounds like what you would enjoy driving rather than the Y.
The environmental politics of "Buy an EV and save the planet" triggers me a bit.

Personally, I think the global manufacturing of millions of cars annually is more about protecting shareholders & saving world economies. than anything to do with environmental sustainability. The fact that humans have an insatiable appetite to consume the planet's resources for new cars isn't fooling Mother Nature, she knows she takes a backseat to a healthy GDP.

Getting into an environmental crusade over a car serves no one, and usually results in neither person listening to each other. I could care less if people prefer to drive an F-150 and choose to fill it up with gas or electrons. It's their money, they earned it, and have the right to choose which is right for them. The government just wants us to spend, and the higher per capita the better.

So to your point, it's great that we have choices. Let's respect them.

They did but only after public outcry and mass cancellations. Rivian is doing a lot right with their design and utility but let's not pretend they deliver on what they promise on concept cars, no one does.
Yeah, I remember the mass cancellations and the huge negative press, so I immediately thought of the price debacle when there was the mention of Rivian keeping their promises. Mass cancellations can do the same thing too if it happened with Tesla.

On the other hand, if the need calls for it, cutting some features from a future release is very possible (just as inflation forced their hand on the price increase back then). Plus Tesla isn't sitting still either (Model Y will have changes also by the time Rivian releases their car).

The right side of my brain agrees with you :)

The environmental politics of "Buy an EV and save the planet" triggers me a bit.

Personally, I think the global manufacturing of millions of cars annually is more about protecting shareholders & saving world economies. than anything to do with environmental sustainability. The fact that humans have an insatiable appetite to consume the planet's resources for new cars isn't fooling Mother Nature, she knows she takes a backseat to a healthy GDP.

Getting into an environmental crusade over a car serves no one, and usually results in neither person listening to each other. I could care less if people prefer to drive an F-150 and choose to fill it up with gas or electrons. It's their money, they earned it, and have the right to choose which is right for them. The government just wants us to spend, and the higher per capita the better.

So to your point, it's great that we have choices. Let's respect them.
I surely didn't mean to trigger you, but I do disagree with you. I do care if someone is driving a car that produces 20 plus pounds of carbon dioxide for every gallon of gasoline consumed because it directly infringes on my quality of life. Well, I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree, but it wasn't intended to trigger, just to discuss. Sorry if I came on too strong.

I surely didn't mean to trigger you, but I do disagree with you. I do care if someone is driving a car that produces 20 plus pounds of carbon dioxide for every gallon of gasoline consumed because it directly infringes on my quality of life. Well, I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree, but it wasn't intended to trigger, just to discuss. Sorry if I came on too strong.
The point as I understand it is that the endless production of personal transportation pods and consumption of natural resources - no matter the fuel source - is the actual problem.

I tend to agree - if you think buying 2 tons of brand new personal transportation pod is an environmental good deed - electric or not - you’re deluded. It’s just not.

There’s a guy on this forum that prides himself on his environmental contribution because he’s bought something like 14 new Teslas. Hard to imagine someone more backward than that.