Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Brake Repair

Did you get this email?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get an email regarding this issue?

Dear Tesla Owner,

My name is xxx, I work with the Mobile Service team at Tesla and we are reaching out to you to schedule the replacement of the industry-wide recall of the Park Brake repair. We want to assure that all customer vehicles provide the highest possible level of safety. We do not believe this issue could ever lead to a safety concern, and we have not seen a single accident or injury related to it. In order to be overly cautious, we would like to proactively replace these parts to ensure that no issues arise. Your vehicles parts have arrived and we would like to complete this repair for you remotely by our Mobile Service team. The repair takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.

At your earliest convenience please reply to myself and our Mobile Service Advisor team with your preferred contact number, and best time for us to call you to schedule this appointment.

Thank you,

xxx | Service Manager, Mobile Service, xxx

Yes. I received this almost 2 months ago. Wasn’t sure if I was a scam so I didn’t respond right away. I got a second note, so I replied. A ranger came to my house and replaced the electric parking brakes on both rear wheels with the car in the driveway. Took less than an hour.
The tech was super nice. He even looked at my wall connector, and when he couldn’t get an answer to my question right away, followed up with an email the next day. When I asked why they didn’t ask me to bring the car in, he said that they were handling this issue with rangers to reduce the load on the service center.
They can do this work at your home or work place, whichever is most convenient for you.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: David29 and jboy08
I had my annual service today, and there was no mention of this. It could have been at some time in the past without my remembering, I suppose, when the car was in service for something else.....

Does anyone know if this was for certain VIN number cars?

Not exactly. Tesla doesn't make cars in sequential VIN number order, so there is no range. But the official notice included this:

Specifically, we have determined that the electric parking brakes installed on Model S and Model X vehicles built between February and October 2016 may contain a small gear that could have been manufactured improperly by our third‑party supplier.

So it is based on manufacture date.

Reactions: Vip