Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Unavailable after 2023.6.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello camera calibration doesnt take 100 miles. Due to park assist i tried to recalibrate 2 times already (that did not work for me). It took me 15 minutes drive on highway everytime. It is way faster on highways.

Earlgrey thanks for the feedback. I slowly think recalibration was a mistake on my side, maybe it did reset something in its "learning". I'm going to keep it as is, despite the "park assist unavailable" message and drive for a while to see if it suddenly starts working. In the meantime i'm still waiting for a reply from Tesla service...
On balance I think I’m going to do the same. I’ve submitted a service request via the app but in the meantime will keep on driving around and hopefully it starts working as per Earlgrey’s experience

Hi, I’m happy to report my park assist unavailable error msg is gone now all of sudden. My cumulative mileage is 155 as of today. Will watch closely next couple of days and I may cancel the service appt if this continues to work. I did NOT re-calibrate the cameras but rebooted twice a few days ago. Good luck to everyone and be more patient I guess.

Hi, I’m happy to report my park assist unavailable error msg is gone now all of sudden. My cumulative mileage is 155 as of today. Will watch closely next couple of days and I may cancel the service appt if this continues to work. I did NOT re-calibrate the cameras but rebooted twice a few days ago. Good luck to everyone and be more patient I guess.
Good news. We’ve now gotta sort the damage to our car caused earlier today.

Update: park assist is now working. I got the “not available” error right after the software update, and two reboots didn’t fix it. However, after driving around for a couple of days with the error message showing whenever I stopped, today the park assist just started working on its own. I didn’t clean any cameras and never got any calibration messages. I hope this helps someone.
Another update: At my new house today I got another park assist unavailable error, but at all other locations, including ones I had never been to, it’s working.

Reactions: glovelace
I have a 10 days old M3LR. Downloaded park assist last week, and this morning it suddenly started working when I backed out from the garage. I have earlier tried hard and soft reboots without result, but maybe a new car in face needs more time to calibrate the cameras? Anyway, I had a scheduled service tomorrow which I cancelled after the update started working. The autopilot has worked without problem all the time.

Still not working for me but interestingly a new update has popped up (2023.6.11) and the release notes are the same as 2023.6.9 ie Vision Parking. So maybe it’s a patch/fix? Installing now whilst I’m at work so will find out this evening!
Interesting! Will look out for that. What started for me as the saga of the missing Park Assist has now turned into the saga over getting bodywork damage caused by Tesla when replacing a supposedly faulty side camera repaired under a meaningful warranty. They are saying the required respray will be covered by a 1 year warranty, while the car's limited rust warranty lasts 12 years. Seems there's always something!

Still not working for me but interestingly a new update has popped up (2023.6.11) and the release notes are the same as 2023.6.9 ie Vision Parking. So maybe it’s a patch/fix? Installing now whilst I’m at work so will find out this evening!
I have 2023.6.11 and I have the park assist warning. I have only driven around 30 miles since getting the vision update so I assume it will go away with some more driving.

As a further update. Whilst driving home just now the squiggly lines are now appearing and indeed change color as I get closer. However, the error message has now changed to “Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimations may be inaccurate”. I’m not sure whether this is due to the car slowly but surely learning, installing the 2023.6.11 update or anything else. Also, even though the Park Assist Chimes setting is on, I’m not getting any chimes! When are they supposed to sound? Anyone else getting this particular message now?

ev4robert i would not recalibrate for now. I did this 2 times and i'm still geting the warning. Park assist never worked for me and i've had 2023.6.9 for about a week now. Tesla remotely checked my car and they say hardware is fine and i just have to drive more. So recalibrate might have reseted the cameras and might be the reason why i still get the warning. Autopilot is working fine though...

As a further update. Whilst driving home just now the squiggly lines are now appearing and indeed change color as I get closer. However, the error message has now changed to “Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimations may be inaccurate”. I’m not sure whether this is due to the car slowly but surely learning, installing the 2023.6.11 update or anything else. Also, even though the Park Assist Chimes setting is on, I’m not getting any chimes! When are they supposed to sound? Anyone else getting this particular message now?
In addition, I’ve also noticed that when trying to park forwards (ie not in reverse) my touchscreen does not switch to the top view and the distance from the front bumper to the wall does not show at all. Still no chimes and still the same message about park assist being degraded…

So still having the same issues. The squiggly lines now do appear, but there are no chimes whatsoever (Parking Chimes setting is ON); message "Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimations may be inaccurate" still appearing; when I try to park forward towards a wall my touchscreen does not show the top view, nor does it show to the wall (which it does do when reversing). Is anyone else having these issues?

I had it flash up on my screen when I started down my driveway yesterday morning, but it quickly disappeared.

I find it pretty much useless since the distance is nowhere near correct and the incessant chiming when parking in tight spots is rather annoying.

Whether it is available or not is a non-issue for me right now. I'm about ready to just disable mine.

Parking assist worked immediately in my 3 month old Y. But its so inaccurate its close to useless, When I pull in the garage it counts down to 0 and says stop when its still about 30" from the front wall. Hopefully as I go well beyond the stop point every time it may get better.