TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Parking disengaged

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by BubblegumPete, Jun 30, 2019.

1. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

I had a weird moment today in my Model 3 performance on the M3 (very coincidental). I was driving along with Autopilot engaged when suddenly the car made a few beeps and I saw what I thought said 'parking brake disengaged' (or similar) on the right part of the screen in-front of the car icon . The music I was playing stopped and the display came up with all of the different warning lights, like you get when you first turn the car on. This lasted all of about 20 seconds. It didn't affect the car's performance or steering it just seemed to reset the screen or something.

Anyone else had this?

Also my rear camera is now coming up black, although I think I've read somewhere that this can be fixed by just resetting the car.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Peter

2. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Hmmmm, something similar happens when accidentally clicking the park button on the stalk while at driving speed. Are you sure you didn't do that?
    Not sure about the camera thing. Yea, try a reset first.

• Informative x 1
  3. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Hi Silicon,

That is entirely possible. I can't remember if I was actually using the stick at the time to engage or disengage Autopilot. If that's what happens then I'm pretty sure that was it. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Some people seem to think the camera thing is related to Sentry Mode but I'll try the reset thing first.

Many thanks,

Peter

4. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

I did that in the early days - can't remember what my old car had on the Right Stalk that foxed my brain ...

I found myself in Neutral quite often too, when I wanted the Wipers.

<Presses accelerator> "Oh no ... the car must be bust ... it won't GO"

"Doh! Idiot!"

5. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Member

Tried to put wifes DSG into sport mode to pull away from a roundabout next to something intent on pushing in. Found neutral instead...

6. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Little update on this. I booked the car into Tesla for a service and they came back to say it's a known issue caused by some bugs and that the next firmware update would fix it.
    I had a message on my car the next day that there was a new update. I went to install it and it failed. Since then the screen freaks out more and more. It regularly blacks out and the amount of warning issues that pop up all the time is comical.

The most annoying thing is I just can't get my car to pick up a strong Wifi signal from the house so I think I'm going to have to take it in to get this fixed.

7. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

Wi-Fi hotspot from your mobile?

8. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Unfortunately where I live I get terrible mobile signal too.

9. Roy W.

Roy W. Member

Sounds like you need a mesh router! Since I installed mine I’ve gone from spotty WiFi coverage even in the house to having full strength WiFi from the end of the drive at one end to beyond the garage at the other. All ready for any updates to my M3 once it arrives :confused:

10. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Member

Urm, drive it somewhere else? Or don't you trust not getting stranded.