Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking disengaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a weird moment today in my Model 3 performance on the M3 (very coincidental). I was driving along with Autopilot engaged when suddenly the car made a few beeps and I saw what I thought said 'parking brake disengaged' (or similar) on the right part of the screen in-front of the car icon . The music I was playing stopped and the display came up with all of the different warning lights, like you get when you first turn the car on. This lasted all of about 20 seconds. It didn't affect the car's performance or steering it just seemed to reset the screen or something.

Anyone else had this?

Also my rear camera is now coming up black, although I think I've read somewhere that this can be fixed by just resetting the car.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts.

Peter

Hi Silicon,

That is entirely possible. I can't remember if I was actually using the stick at the time to engage or disengage Autopilot. If that's what happens then I'm pretty sure that was it. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Some people seem to think the camera thing is related to Sentry Mode but I'll try the reset thing first.

Many thanks,

Peter

Little update on this. I booked the car into Tesla for a service and they came back to say it's a known issue caused by some bugs and that the next firmware update would fix it.
I had a message on my car the next day that there was a new update. I went to install it and it failed. Since then the screen freaks out more and more. It regularly blacks out and the amount of warning issues that pop up all the time is comical.

The most annoying thing is I just can't get my car to pick up a strong Wifi signal from the house so I think I'm going to have to take it in to get this fixed.