Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that :(

I believe that parts are labelled as available/unavailable to public on the parts website. Someone posted before somewhere but not sure where.

Best to contact Tesla Service at your nearest SC and they maybe able to help.

Ps if you got the person's name hope you told the police? Also might be worth talking to mib, no not men in black, Motor Insurance bureau?

Also small claims them, then get the court sheriff's involved. Then we can watch it on TV :)

Reactions: ringi and nikhon
Oh no, so sorry to hear this.

have you been to a body shop to show them? Scratches in the headlight will probably polish out and it's possible to do a lot more repair work to plastics than a lot of people think. You may even be surprised with what can be done to the wing. If you can't get the spares direct if you do need them, you may be lucky and find a car that's been smashed and broken for spares now they've been on the road over a year. Let us know how you get on.

Oh no, so sorry to hear this.

have you been to a body shop to show them? Scratches in the headlight will probably polish out and it's possible to do a lot more repair work to plastics than a lot of people think. You may even be surprised with what can be done to the wing. If you can't get the spares direct if you do need them, you may be lucky and find a car that's been smashed and broken for spares now they've been on the road over a year. Let us know how you get on.

Yes, I have and I can see wings and headlights on e-bay, so I may go down that route.

It's complicated by me living on the Isle of Man, so I'm looking at around £1,000 to ship it back to Manchester, which is my nearest service centre, on top of repair costs. damage.jpg

Sadly, the driver mentioned several times that he had no assets, which seemed strange at the time.

Yes, I have and I can see wings and headlights on e-bay, so I may go down that route.

It's complicated by me living on the Isle of Man, so I'm looking at around £1,000 to ship it back to Manchester, which is my nearest service centre, on top of repair costs. View attachment 589428

Sadly, the driver mentioned several times that he had no assets, which seemed strange at the time.
the Isle of Man is covered by the motor insurance bureau so I can't see why you would not be covered.
But you might want to look into it sooner rather than later. I believe you are supposed to report incident within 5 days if no one was injured. not sure if that is to MIB them of the police

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/

I got hit by an uninsured driver once. My insurance company went as far as winning the court case and sending in the bailiffs. Oddly everything in the mans home was owned by his son. If someone wants to evade paying up, it ultimately gets to the point where its not worth pursuing.

Reactions: Adopado
@PaulIOM and @OneTinyFish

Sorry for going off topic but wondered how many model 3's were registered on the IOM? Figured with a population of ~80k there must be a decent percentage of them represented within this thread alone.

Just 3 at present, 1 black and 2 white - mine was the second.

There are around 10 other Tesla's - mostly owned by employees of one company - no Roadsters!

Just 3 at present, 1 black and 2 white - mine was the second.

There are around 10 other Tesla's - mostly owned by employees of one company - no Roadsters!

There’s a blue and a red one which seem to live in the north, plus my blue M3LR arriving next week puts the model 3 count to at least 6 now.

I think we should put the feelers out and start an informal Tesla user group. Maybe encourage the adoption of an authorised repair agent on island.

Reactions: Medved_77
There’s a blue and a red one which seem to live in the north, plus my blue M3LR arriving next week puts the model 3 count to at least 6 now.

I think we should put the feelers out and start an informal Tesla user group. Maybe encourage the adoption of an authorised repair agent on island.

Like this :) Tesla Owners Isle of Man

There's not much of a community here (yet) I was actually thinking of closing the page, but there maybe hope yet..

Reactions: OneTinyFish