Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passed out crash caught on dash cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's an odd placement for a "dash" camera.

It also looks like he set the cruise control and that it didn't shut down when he went off-roading (which I think it should have). And man, I was wincing as he headed for and narrowly missed that utility pole! That wouldn't have ended well.

The driver says he passed out due to a low blood pressure condition. The couple of times I've passed out it has taken a while to get back to full control...some systems seem to "come online" faster than others. It seems believable to me.

Last edited:
He says he passed out due to a low blood pressure condition. The couple of times I've passed out it has taken a while to get back to full control...some systems seem to "come online" faster than others. It seems believable to me.

Yes, you're right. I was tunnel visioned on "falling asleep at the wheel," which obviously isn't the only reason one can lose consciousness while driving.

Yes, you're right. I was tunnel visioned on "falling asleep at the wheel," which obviously isn't the only reason one can lose consciousness while driving.

Yes, there are folks with blood sugar issues, different types of seizures etc. the first thing I thought of was this was a medical emergency, and since he didn't come to when things started crashing into his car.

I hope he gave up driving. (Unless they know cause, and it has been fixed). I have some medical issues, and I gave up driving because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. It has been very hard to lose my independence. If a doctor doesn't report to DMV, it is up to the driver to do the right thing.

i am so glad this guy didn't hit a bicyclist, pedestrian or another car.