Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger lumbar support missing from new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder who is the last vin to get it? Seems like the breaking point is right around 185xxx?

I took delivery of a 1871xx VIN today (LR blue/white) and to my utter amazement, the car has functional passenger lumbar. I feel like I won the lumbar lottery. From what I was reading 186xxx and 187xxx cars were on the bubble, and I recall someone with a 186xxx VIN that did not have it.

So there must have been some build batching or randomness as they turned off the lumbar faucet.

Reactions: VikH
I took delivery of a 1871xx VIN today (LR blue/white) and to my utter amazement, the car has functional passenger lumbar. I feel like I won the lumbar lottery. From what I was reading 186xxx and 187xxx cars were on the bubble, and I recall someone with a 186xxx VIN that did not have it.

So there must have been some build batching or randomness as they turned off the lumbar faucet.
Do us a favor and report back in a month the number of times it was used.

Elon said that lumbar removed because cost saving. So there is no reason that is coming back.
Well, that's not the only reason - his tweet - "Moving lumbar was removed only in front passenger seat of 3/Y (obv not there in rear seats). Logs showed almost no usage. Not worth cost/mass for everyone when almost never used. Prices increasing due to major supply chain price pressure industry-wide. Raw materials especially." So even if cost were to improve, it still wouldn't come back.

Well, that's not the only reason - his tweet - "Moving lumbar was removed only in front passenger seat of 3/Y (obv not there in rear seats). Logs showed almost no usage. Not worth cost/mass for everyone when almost never used. Prices increasing due to major supply chain price pressure industry-wide. Raw materials especially." So even if cost were to improve, it still wouldn't come back.
Shaved a whole 6 oz of mass! This is a huge win.

I know.

It's funny because a lot of people were waiting for the new console, heated steering wheel, and new headlights. I bet they never figured that they could lose out on radar and lumbar support on the passenger's side. Glad I took delivery in early March and didn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Reactions: dyau
Anyone have any luck with any type of reimbursement? Whether it's important to you or not, they should be delivering what was ordered to the exact spec. If they cannot, then it's on them to address it. Tesla is not my friend or enemy, it's not about cutting them slack or being picky. It's a business transaction at the end of the day,
C'mon man - you think there was an "exact spec" for this feature??

C'mon man - you think there was an "exact spec" for this feature??
Is 12-way adjustable power front seats listed at the time of order not enough? Because we're now at 12 for the driver and 8 for the passenger. BMW couldn't follow through with their spec and just offered a reimbursement. Like I said, the onus is on the party that couldn't deliver and BMW owned up to it.

Do you think Tesla would still give me the car if I'm $200 short on my down-payment and they just happen to find out at the time of delivery? $200 is nothing compared to the price of the car. Just like the this feature is miniscule on the grand scale of all the features in a model 3/Y.