Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PD3- VS PD3+ Speed/Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree about the track mode, but the difference in top speed between the P3D- and a P3D+ with a spoiler has been demonstrated by Bjorn Nyland. I'll link a video below. The TL;DW version is that he proved the top speed on his P3D with no spoiler on the Autobahn in Germany, then went to a SC to have his spoiler installed. The SC then updated his car's firmware for the newer high speed. He then went back on the Autobahn and proved the higher unlocked top speed. The speeds on the chart posted above match what Bjorn got on both runs.

Tesla didn't update any software for P3D buyers who didn't get their spoiler at launch. I find this hard to believe.

Tesla didn't update any software for P3D buyers who didn't get their spoiler at launch. I find this hard to believe.
Then you obviously didn't watch the video. It's quite easy to believe after you watch it.

It's very simple... if Tesla doesn't show that your Performance Model 3 has a spoiler in their database, then you don't get the 163 top speed. When you put your spoiler on and go to an SC to prove it, Tesla updates the status of your car and unlocks the higher speed.

Easy. And believable. ;)

Then you obviously didn't watch the video. It's quite easy to believe after you watch it.

It's very simple... if Tesla doesn't show that your Performance Model 3 has a spoiler in their database, then you don't get the 163 top speed. When you put your spoiler on and go to an SC to prove it, Tesla updates the status of your car and unlocks the higher speed.

Easy. And believable. ;)
If that is true it's another big issue with Tesla communication. Nobody is informed of this. I don't really care about one particular video, I'm talking about the legion of cars that didn't have a spoiler at launch. There is no way to validate this without a trip to a very fast track.

Great, now I have to go test it and make sure I have the right software. :/

If that is true it's another big issue with Tesla communication. Nobody is informed of this.
Yup, completely agree. If a Tesla owner isn't an avid fan, and digests everything written and every video made regarding Tesla, they'd never know. Even a lot of avid fans don't know about this.

Let us know what you find out about your car... assuming you're in a position to do so.

Yup, completely agree. If a Tesla owner isn't an avid fan, and digests everything written and every video made regarding Tesla, they'd never know. Even a lot of avid fans don't know about this.

Let us know what you find out about your car... assuming you're in a position to do so.
My local track isn't fast enough unfortunately. I top out at 125 or so on the long straight. I'll have to ask the SC next time I go in, unless I can get to a faster track before then.

Reactions: Phlier