TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Peace of Mind Guarantee: 33% residual value buyback guarantee for 85kW? (japan)

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by yobigd20, Mar 11, 2015.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

A Peace of Mind Guarantee | Tesla Motors

says they now have buyback in 11 EU markets but doesn't list what the residual values are. In Japan, they emailed out that this value is 45% for the 60kW and 33% for 85kW. that seems very very very low....

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Based on the trade in values that they stipulate in the US I wouldn't be surprised.
    After 18 months they tend to offer less than 65%...

3. eepic

eepic Member

Anyone know how this compares to the Mercedes S-Class and BMW 7-series?

4. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

By all accounts, private party sale will get you significantly more money than a trade-in or the buyback guarantee. Also, the buyback guarantee may have some requirements or strings attached, so make sure you read the fine print.

5. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I looked into private party sale. S60 priced above Tesla trade-in value didn't seem to move at all. I checked for two months - the cars kept showing up as for sale until the prices were lowered so far that it seemed smarter to just not deal with the hassle and trade it in.