Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian Warning Speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just trying to determine do I have this, have part of it or all of it but not working etc. Not trying to evoke discussion on the merits of pedestrian warning, just curious what I have. I have visited past posts, and other forums and still murky to me.

Vehicle is 2019, Model X, Long Range, build date 09/19/19. Firmware is 2020.48.26. Nothing audible from front or rear of vehicle, forward or reverse.

What I have gleaned from forums:

Wiring is there but speaker may not be.
If your vin received the 2020.48.26 FW, then you have pedestrian warning, but perhaps not working.
At that production date, only half the vehicles were required to have it.
I see nothing to indicate it's presence on either display.
I have not physically looked for any hardware or grill opening, where should I look?
Tesla may or may not retrofit, mandated or customer option? Who pays?
Others have posted that after installing 2020.48.26, they hear the warning on their inside speakers, but not outside.

Any insight from members here?

Just trying to determine do I have this, have part of it or all of it but not working etc. Not trying to evoke discussion on the merits of pedestrian warning, just curious what I have. I have visited past posts, and other forums and still murky to me.

Vehicle is 2019, Model X, Long Range, build date 09/19/19. Firmware is 2020.48.26. Nothing audible from front or rear of vehicle, forward or reverse.

What I have gleaned from forums:

Wiring is there but speaker may not be.
If your vin received the 2020.48.26 FW, then you have pedestrian warning, but perhaps not working.
At that production date, only half the vehicles were required to have it.
I see nothing to indicate it's presence on either display.
I have not physically looked for any hardware or grill opening, where should I look?
Tesla may or may not retrofit, mandated or customer option? Who pays?
Others have posted that after installing 2020.48.26, they hear the warning on their inside speakers, but not outside.

Any insight from members here?
You do not have the speaker.

Tesla will not retrofit for you.

If you retrofit on your own, the speaker will make the default sounds but the Boombox feature will not be enabled.