Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning system add on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had to cancel my SR as it appears the PWS is out of stock and who knows when this will be back, and I’m heading out of the country for a little while.

However, my SR wasn’t cancelled straight away and when I just had a look at the PWS offering in the upgrades section of the app I noticed it no longer says this isn’t compatible with my car. Maybe Tesla have got their act together and updated the list of compatible vehicles?

I’ll wait until I’m back in the country then place an order for the PwS, once it’s back on stock.

Reactions: Durzel and DM250141
What a con. The car has external speakers (boombox) a bit of software and they could play the sound through this. Its a little bit like Ryanair. Wga can we charge people for that should be free/included as standard
Wrong. Some cars including mine don't have the speaker, they do have the software but it has to be enabled when a speaker is fitted.
Read my post on procedure carried out by the Ranger.

Asking for help please. Since having the PWS and boom box fitted. I have read that you can control boombox from the Tesla app.
I do not have controls in my app version 4.19.5-1667, well not that I can find. Can any one point me towards the correct or update to app.

Asking for help please. Since having the PWS and boom box fitted. I have read that you can control boombox from the Tesla app.
I do not have controls in my app version 4.19.5-1667, well not that I can find. Can any one point me towards the correct or update to app.
You have limited control over it from the app. You can speak through the mic or make it fart. You can’t do other Boombox stuff remotely.

Both the mic and fart stuff is done via the “Live View” of Sentry mode, which requires Premium Connectivity (and for Sentry to be active)

• Helpful
Reactions: DM250141
I find tyre noise is the first thing i hear, EV or ICE, rather than the engine. Never really understood the EV sneaking up and running you over fears, although obviously reversing is a problem, so UFO sound is helpful. Had not noticed the car made a noise going forward.

I tried to get one before I left the country for a few months, but they were out of stock. I’ll try again once back in the UK in September.

Which vintage M3 do you have?
I have a 2021 MIC LR like yourself, though on the website it was saying 'compatible with your 2019 model 3', which was my previous M3P! So I ordered it through the app to make it clear its for that car. I'll update if any issues when it comes to getting mobile service to come and fit it!

Reactions: Cardo