Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning system add on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the information. I have gone to shop through app but it is out of stock. I cannot see how to request it through srevice on app.

If you just create a service request with "Something else" or "Other" or whatever the bottom option is (from memory) and explain in the box that you want to get the PWS retrofitted to your car. That's all I did, and I received an estimate not long after which I accepted, which then progressed to a service centre visit. It might be possible for it to be done by mobile service as well.

Reactions: DM250141
Thank you for the reply and the information. I have the money so can do it immediately. Reason. I am sick to the back teeth of getting dirty looks off people who mindlessly walk in front of me on car parks and similar I drive very slowly in car parks and similar but it is still my fault that I am not on the radar of people on phone/generally ignorant of what danger is around them.

In my experience the PWS is barely audible when moving forwards, so it won't help you in that situation. I couldn't even tell you for certain if it even makes a sound going forwards. If it does its imperceptible.

In reverse it sounds like a spaceship - which I'm not a fan of.

Apologies for not being clearer in my original reply saying "Open a service request and ask for it", should've said there wasn't an explicit option for it :)

In my experience the PWS is barely audible when moving forwards, so it won't help you in that situation. I couldn't even tell you for certain if it even makes a sound going forwards. If it does its imperceptible.

In reverse it sounds like a spaceship - which I'm not a fan of.

Apologies for not being clearer in my original reply saying "Open a service request and ask for it", should've said there wasn't an explicit option for it :)
True, I'm not even sure if there is one when moving forwards...

I have listened to your sound clip. I would assume that as you drove off, at the initial low car park speed the noise is able to be heard quite well.

It is almost silent when moving forwards and not worth the expense of fitting. People are going to have to learn to look before they step out into roads, but to be honest I just do about 5mph in car parks so I can stop if someone does something stupid.
People won't learn anything nowadays. Most can't or won't teach their children how to cross roads or use crossings they just drag them over anywhere it suits them, or they push pushchairs into roads before them without a care in the world. I do very low speeds in car parks but still get dirty looks from people who blame everyone but themselves.

People won't learn anything nowadays. Most can't or won't teach their children how to cross roads or use crossings they just drag them over anywhere it suits them, or they push pushchairs into roads before them without a care in the world. I do very low speeds in car parks but still get dirty looks from people who blame everyone but themselves.

I'm afraid the ignorance of some people will not be cured with subtle warning sounds. I used to get dirty looks from people when driving an ICE vehicle in a car park because they didn't hear it! I put my window down and call out if really necessary ... but I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually needed to do that (since 2019).

I put my window down and call out if really necessary ... but I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually needed to do that (since 2019).

I guess this is more effective approach than yours :)

1679576467084.jpeg