Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning system add on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of small engine ICE cars are as quiet as EVs at crawling speeds.

Unfortunately people will always be ignorant of where they're walking etc, PWS or not.

I got it installed because I wanted Boombox for shits and giggles. I dislike the UFO sound when reversing, particularly as it can't be disabled under any circumstances, even where there is no risk of collision (e.g. reversing on to your drive in the middle of the night).

Plenty of small engine ICE cars are as quiet as EVs at crawling speeds.

Unfortunately people will always be ignorant of where they're walking etc, PWS or not.

I got it installed because I wanted Boombox for shits and giggles. I dislike the UFO sound when reversing, particularly as it can't be disabled under any circumstances, even where there is no risk of collision (e.g. reversing on to your drive in the middle of the night).
The fact that we cannot use boombox when driving in Europe is an utter shame.
Pedestrians would definitely pay attention if I could start this on loop when manoeuvring on a parking lot...
Sound Effect MP3

What vintage car do you have? I tried to order this for my March ‘21 MiC M3 and despite the wiring loom apparently being there the local SC cancelled the service request stating it’s not compatible with my car. It apparently only applies to certain 2020 model cars. Typical “computer says no” situation.

Reactions: DM250141
Mine is March 2020 and Tesla said isn't compatible.
Bought the speaker from ebay and installed by my self. Opened the ticket and said I want the PSW + Boombox + already the original speaker is installed by me.
Got appointment 3 days after.
I don't remember how much I've paid... maybe under £50.

What vintage car do you have? I tried to order this for my March ‘21 MiC M3 and despite the wiring loom apparently being there the local SC cancelled the service request stating it’s not compatible with my car. It apparently only applies to certain 2020 model cars. Typical “computer says no” situation.
I have the same as you MIC M3 June 21. I have a booked Ranger appointment Monday 27th 08:00/12:00 and they apparantly know what is required as per website accesories page. Invoice says Retrofit. So all might be OK. I will let you know Monday or before if it is cancelled.

Reactions: Cardo
I still think your service centre is misinformed, although that doesn’t help you if they’re the ones picking up your service requests all the time.

If it were me I’d be tempted to say that you looked inside the wheel well and “can see the wiring in there”, to see if they relent and actually try to do the job.

Hello Cardo
All fitted and working. For Information. I went through Tesla app/service/other. Requested retrofit as per Tesla accessories page and I stated the price as advertised at £185 all in.
Received service Invoice stating the following.

PWS Retrofit Kit (1811135-00-A)

Ranger arrived and removed off side front wheel and arch panel. The cable was in situ but (blanked off) pulled the blanker out, installed speaker then connected to cable. Wheel back on and then enabled PWS and boom box via the screen and all done in about 25 minutes.
So anyone who wants to have it fitted, ignore the product page that says car is incompatible and go through app.
By the way silly I know, but the goat sound is wicked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Thank you for the reply and the information. I have the money so can do it immediately. Reason. I am sick to the back teeth of getting dirty looks off people who mindlessly walk in front of me on car parks and similar I drive very slowly in car parks and similar but it is still my fault that I am not on the radar of people on phone/generally ignorant of what danger is around them.
People who aren't paying attention won't behave any differently with PWS. I used to get people walk in front of me when I was driving a diesel.. heck I had one roll off my bonnet.. luckily he was OK.

Initial thoughts. As some say not very loud in forward. My daughter says it is OK and better than nothing!.
The reverse sound is very distinctive and pedestrians should hopefully look for where the strange alien spaceship noise is coming from and not walk behind when I am reversing.
For me, I believe it is money well spent.

Reactions: GRiLLA
Initial thoughts. As some say not very loud in forward. My daughter says it is OK and better than nothing!.
The reverse sound is very distinctive and pedestrians should hopefully look for where the strange alien spaceship noise is coming from and not walk behind when I am reversing.
For me, I believe it is money well spent.
It's a shame you can't disable it. I reverse into an attached garage at home and it'll wake the neighbours!

Hello Cardo
All fitted and working. For Information. I went through Tesla app/service/other. Requested retrofit as per Tesla accessories page and I stated the price as advertised at £185 all in.
Received service Invoice stating the following.

PWS Retrofit Kit (1811135-00-A)

Ranger arrived and removed off side front wheel and arch panel. The cable was in situ but (blanked off) pulled the blanker out, installed speaker then connected to cable. Wheel back on and then enabled PWS and boom box via the screen and all done in about 25 minutes.
So anyone who wants to have it fitted, ignore the product page that says car is incompatible and go through app.
By the way silly I know, but the goat sound is wicked.
Thanks for the update. When I’d previously tried I also created a service request but my local SC cancelled saying it wasn’t compatible. They steadfastly refused despite my protestations. I’ll try it again!