Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peeling yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My current, 10 month old yoke is not peeling, but I would like to replace it to get the center / mechanical horn. Will they replace a yoke with a new one if there is no issue with the OEM version? Also, any idea on the cost?
I'm super gentle with stuff and take care of things well. Sept 2021 Model S. It started peeling Summer 2023. For me, it was only peeling at the very tip of the yoke.

I'm sure most people treat their yoke harder than I do. I guess don't be gentle with your yoke and it should peel eventually? LOL

Model S Jan 2021 new purchase I Just notice my York peeling very small see pictures
Any recommendations to start a ticket or wait I am from Chicago

Attachments

• IMG_9180.jpeg
    IMG_9180.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I'm super gentle with stuff and take care of things well. Sept 2021 Model S. It started peeling Summer 2023. For me, it was only peeling at the very tip of the yoke.

I'm sure most people treat their yoke harder than I do. I guess don't be gentle with your yoke and it should peel eventually? LOL
I bet yours started peeling on the left bat ear. A lot of posts say this. Mine also started there. My guess is it's the sun on a highly stretched area.

I bet yours started peeling on the left bat ear. A lot of posts say this. Mine also started there. My guess is it's the sun on a highly stretched area.
Very plausible. I assume it's hand/handling wear. I did notice the wood trim on my driver side door is starting to "pop up" (like it's not smooth) from sun damage. I'm also using nice ceramic tint, including the lightest ceramic tint on front windshield. During Spring/Summer/Fall months, I also use a windshield sun cover.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Very plausible. I assume it's hand/handling wear. I did notice the wood trim on my driver side door is starting to "pop up" (like it's not smooth)
Same here, and always garaged
from sun damage. I'm also using nice ceramic tint, including the lightest ceramic tint on front windshield. During Spring/Summer/Fall months, I also use a windshield sun cover.
Always use windshield shade when parked outside during the day

New part with walnut trim is 90. Maybe I should wait until yoke peels, and try to get them to replace both.

Right? New yoke + new FSD = feels like a new car!
I would not say I am driving a new car lol
Definitely huge improvement on Yoke feel good to hold hand drive

FSD definitely improved but It marginal improvement it behave smoother drive smoother what I don't like it comes close to car in front before slowing down on chill mode

I am use to slowing down early based on car in front braking.

Again no complaints I am enjoying everyday

I would not say I am driving a new car lol
Definitely huge improvement on Yoke feel good to hold hand drive

FSD definitely improved but It marginal improvement it behave smoother drive smoother what I don't like it comes close to car in front before slowing down on chill mode

I am use to slowing down early based on car in front braking.

Again no complaints I am enjoying everyday
FSD marginal improvement?! No chance. V12 is a quantum leap beyond any prior version.

FSD marginal improvement?! No chance. V12 is a quantum leap beyond any prior version.
And a 10%or more reduction in efficiency when driving around town, compared to when I drive.

Still comes close to curbing a wheel on right turns, I can feel the gutter..

It would be good to have a slider control, instead of 3 driving modes.

Or they could just add, OPM, old person mode. That would work for me.

And a 10%or more reduction in efficiency when driving around town, compared to when I drive.

Still comes close to curbing a wheel on right turns, I can feel the gutter..

It would be good to have a slider control, instead of 3 driving modes.

Or they could just add, OPM, old person mode. That would work for me.
Yes it uses all the road now. Not curbed my wheels yet, but yep.