Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania EV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the documentation here is pretty unclear. It says the final purchase price has to be under $60,000 and it defines "final purchase price" as:

Final Purchase Price – the price a buyer pays the dealer for a new alternative fuel vehicle including all option packages, not including trade-in value. This price does not include taxes or other fees such as destination charge.

It's pretty clear that this does NOT include taxes or the destination fee. What's not clear to me is what they mean by "not including trade-in value". Does this mean that the price has to be under $60K regardless of trade-in value? Or does it mean that the price has to be under $60K after trade-in value?

Anyone know for sure?

Tesla CANNOT do the inspection. The same company that did the thing, can't certify that thing is good. You need a 3rd party. Traditional dealers are a 3rd party.

These vehicles (in PA) do require the safety inspection. You will have 1 sticker on your windshield, and your registration paper work should say 'exempt' for emissions.

I am not aware of an income cap for the PA rebate. However it appears the perf. model will be more than the rebate allows for :(

I didn't have a complete Bill of Sale in my account page, but someone from the state contacted me next day to inform me of the omission and I resent it to them directly (after requesting it from Tesla). She confirmed it was going to be processed today. I'm frankly amazed I got such quick service all around.

A fellow Model 3 (soon to be) owner called Harrisburg. In August, they are changing the language to include more Model 3s. If you subtract the cost of the long range battery ($9K) from your purchase price (including destination fee) and it is under $50K, you qualify for the $1750. You have 6 months from date of purchase to apply. The website has not been updated yet, so I'll keep checking and let you know.

This has been confirmed by an second independent source.

The PA EV Rebate page specifies an income limitation of 200% of the poverty line limit. I imagine most people buying Tesla's are well above the income ranges that they specify. Has anyone hit this constraint when trying to apply for the rebate? Is it enforced?

The PA EV Rebate page specifies an income limitation of 200% of the poverty line limit. I imagine most people buying Tesla's are well above the income ranges that they specify. Has anyone hit this constraint when trying to apply for the rebate? Is it enforced?

Low-income chart appears to be tied to an additional rebate of $500 that is available on all vehicles if the applicant meets the low-income requirement of a household income that is below 200% of the Federal Income Poverty level.

Low-income chart does not appear related to the original Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) rebates

How long did it take for your application to show "Complete" on the website. I submitted a month ago now, status still shows "Under Review" and they haven't responded to any calls (tried 2X).

Is there an email I could try? I am sure they are overwhelmed due to the number of Model 3 deliveries, and thus applications, but I just don't want ours to get passed over...

I don't know if I got lucky, but I submitted what I thought was the Bill of Sale, but was just the original order doc. Someone reached out same-day to tell me it was missing. I had to request it directly from Tesla, and again, the really nice woman emailed me to let me know she got it and it was in process of being approved.

I commented to her how she single-handedly changed my mind about government workers.

It took about a month for mine to show as complete and almost another month before we got the check. Given that they recently updated the program and that there are a lot more Model 3s being sold now, I would expect it to take longer. Also the rebate used to max out at 50k when I applied and now its up to 60k max.
There is an interesting provision of a slightly higher rebate for batteries over 85kwh. What makes this interesting is that as of today there are no vehicles with a price under 60k and 85kwh battery.