Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People parking next to me while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I am charging at 1015pm . There's 12 charging station here and about 5 cars charging. So I was here charging for about 10 minutes until this idiot comes park next ro me to charge. All these available stalls and wants to park next to me. I think it does say on the charger setting TIPS: something give spacing when charging using a b stalls. He gets a Tesla and doesn't understand that charging next ro someone will increase both cars time and lower the charging speed. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Don't these guys read their manuals.. I mean its there for a reason. To know and understand your car and other stuff to have knowledge.

Yes, V3 do not power share. Just last night on the way back from Boston I was at two V3 superchargers. Bother were busy and I still maxed out at 261 kw! So there is another solution as well use only V3 superchargers.
Yes they do. All of them still power share. your adjacent car probably stopped charging. If you are supercharging, a V3 may not be an option.

V3 only solves the problem is they are 'working'. I charged at a 12 stall V3 last year but only saw ~30kw when it was busy. saw more once it thinned waay out. I suspect only 1 of the 3 cabinets was working. power sharing still gave a little power to each stall, but it was very very slow compared to my expectations.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Had this same scenario happen once, I was the only person charging at the time, and was getting pretty close to completing, hence my SOC was fairly high and I was only pulling 74kw at the time, guy drives in and parks right next to me on the paired SC. I just smiled and waived.

Reactions: MacO512
Yes they do. All of them still power share. your adjacent car probably stopped charging. If you are supercharging, a V3 may not be an option.
Actually he had just pulled up and plugged in. I was still getting 261kw. V3 do not work in the same way as V2. See this post in the Tesla blog. No more power sharing on V3

Faster Charging, No More Power Sharing

Actually he had just pulled up and plugged in. I was still getting 261kw. V3 do not work in the same way as V2. See this post in the Tesla blog. No more power sharing on V3

Faster Charging, No More Power Sharing

V3 still share power, just not how V2’s typically do.

If there’s a site restriction then you will see lower rates.

V3 still share power, just not how V2’s typically do.

If there’s a site restriction then you will see lower rates.
Each stall can do 250kw regardless of how many cars are present.

When I think of power sharing I'm thinking of it as a person plugging in next to me and reducing my charge rate. V3 does not do that.

Sure if there is a power restriction or equipment malfunction there will be less available power.

V3 only solves the problem is they are 'working'. I charged at a 12 stall V3 last year but only saw ~30kw when it was busy. saw more once it thinned waay out. I suspect only 1 of the 3 cabinets was working. power sharing still gave a little power to each stall, but it was very very slow compared to my expectations.
That's true of course. I have experienced slower charging at V3. No matter what technology we use you can only consume the power that's available. If there is a site problem or a restriction then yes it will be slower.

I pulled into a V3 that had a site problem...50 minutes it said to get to 80%. We got a coffee and then went to a different supercharger. Which thankfully was an option.

I have also been to gas stations where the pumps were running painfully slow. It sucks but what can you do? Suck it up or go to another station and hope the pumps work faster.

Reactions: ElectricIAC