Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People switching from Model S, how do you like it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are waiting for baby #2 and our S feel inadequate. Our 1st daughter is almost 2 year old and she is very small. Wife want that she stay in rear facing position the longuest time possible. We have Clek brand baby car seats and it's huge but very good quality but it takes a lot of place and I'm pretty sure that any rear facing seats takes a lot of space. Wife is currently not confortable with the kid in rear facing behind her and with the 2nd baby that will also be rear facing someday, behind me driving this feel like a problem right now. So for now we switched our daughter in the middle space and the space is fine but it's terrible getting her in the car. I bump her head in the roof everytime and I need to sit in the car to actually seat her.

So we are looking for a Model X but I don't know why something is bugging me. Our S is my first expensive car and I like it a lot. I did 2 test drive on the X and the driving seems like the S. I like the car, the wings are awesome. I can't figure what is bugging me. I feel like I'm switching from a Porsche to a Dodge Caravan that goes really fast. But I know that's not the case.. I just feel weird about it.

Also currently I have a 85D and I would take a 90D for the X, what are you 90% battery (in kilometers if you can..) Currently on our S we have around 380km at 90% and people at SC could not help us what would be our daily charge on a 90D X..

We are waiting for baby #2 and our S feel inadequate. Our 1st daughter is almost 2 year old and she is very small. Wife want that she stay in rear facing position the longuest time possible. We have Clek brand baby car seats and it's huge but very good quality but it takes a lot of place and I'm pretty sure that any rear facing seats takes a lot of space. Wife is currently not confortable with the kid in rear facing behind her and with the 2nd baby that will also be rear facing someday, behind me driving this feel like a problem right now. So for now we switched our daughter in the middle space and the space is fine but it's terrible getting her in the car. I bump her head in the roof everytime and I need to sit in the car to actually seat her.

So we are looking for a Model X but I don't know why something is bugging me. Our S is my first expensive car and I like it a lot. I did 2 test drive on the X and the driving seems like the S. I like the car, the wings are awesome. I can't figure what is bugging me. I feel like I'm switching from a Porsche to a Dodge Caravan that goes really fast. But I know that's not the case.. I just feel weird about it.

Also currently I have a 85D and I would take a 90D for the X, what are you 90% battery (in kilometers if you can..) Currently on our S we have around 380km at 90% and people at SC could not help us what would be our daily charge on a 90D X..
755mi FULL, so 410kilometers, so 370kilometers @90%. You will bump less heads probably.

755mi FULL, so 410kilometers, so 370kilometers @90%. You will bump less heads probably.

The S is actually roomier in the back but the 3rd row definitely is a BIG factor. And since you have young kids, the FWD will help a lot and when they are old enough, they can just climb into the 3rd row if you do not get the 7 seat. (6 seat is probably the best if you do not need the extra seat)

As for driving, for the one day I own the car so far, the driving dynamics is actually better since I came from a 2014 S which only has a 5.2s 0-60 time and without SAS. So the X 90D feels faster. The only drawback is that this is indeed a bigger car and makes parking into our garage a little more "exciting" but I may just let Summon take care of it.

@BigMskiman - I will probably run into you around Ptown.

For me they are too very different vehicles, I love my S and will keep it. Like the looks and as a four door sedan handles very well. The X is an SUV and drives very much like the S but you are sitting a bit higher. Easier to get in and out of with a family but feels more confined inside, we want the dual motors and something we can take to the snow. Plus our S is 3 years old has does not have AP, or self parking and parking sensors. Not having any ICE cars is another plus.

Reactions: Saxena

Well, I just ordered an S and will have a GMC Yukon XL to sell if you want something bigger :)

The main difference I find between our two cars is that the S has a very nimble sports car like feel to driving it while in X you definitely feel that you are driving a heavy vehicle. Don't get me wrong the X is very nimble too and can weave in and out of traffic pretty quick but it is much heavier.

The main difference I find between our two cars is that the S has a very nimble sports car like feel to driving it while in X you definitely feel that you are driving a heavy vehicle. Don't get me wrong the X is very nimble too and can weave in and out of traffic pretty quick but it is much heavier.

That's what I thought but I think it's more psychological than real. The higher sitting position does make you to think the X would not handle as good as the S. However after some very spirited driving and one incident that I exited on a freeway ramp waaaayyyyy too fast I finally realized how capable the X is and was really surprised that a tall SUV can have little body lean when making such a hard turn.