Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perf gets higher top speed, RWD more range, but no love for AWD???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has already lowered 0-60 for Performance cars a few months ago and now they increased top speed from 155 to 162.

RWD LR cars are having their range extended from 310 to 325 miles.

But nothing for NonP AWD??? C’mon Elon, give us an extra 0.5s 0-60!!!!

I know they said all cars have an extra 5% more peak power but it looks like that doesn’t translate into any improvement in AWD 0-60 times.

I thought the prices had been reduced by $2,900 for the AWD models.

By saying $4,900 it's not really the same like-for-like spec. You bought EAP - which isn't available any more (you have to buy FSD to get summon and park now). So the real apples-to-apples price drop is "only" $2,900 (like you, I bought mine two weeks ago so this hurts!).

I thought the prices had been reduced by $2,900 for the AWD models.

By saying $4,900 it's not really the same like-for-like spec. You bought EAP - which isn't available any more (you have to buy FSD to get summon and park now). So the real apples-to-apples price drop is "only" $2,900 (like you, I bought mine two weeks ago so this hurts!).
You're right, it's $4900 total because I purchased EAP with it which is why i said "same configuration". Hopefully Tesla/Elon will throw us recent purchasers a bone and offer a price difference refund or hook us up with FSD. They did it recently with the performance model purchasers, only time will tell right??

I purchased my AWD last month. I'm not happy with the price decrease. I fully expected prices to fall, but not this much this fast. I don't think I'm "entitled" to anything. However, I'm a customer, and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I came from another luxury brand and while I am very happy overall, a goodwill gesture from Tesla to those recent purchasers would go a long way. I'm not expecting or suggesting something equivalent to the price decrease. But something would be nice. Again, I don't think I'm entitled to anything. But people continue to purchase from brands that make things right when people feel shortchanged, as I do here. My wife will be in the market for a new vehicle in 1 to 2 years, and my only hesitation right now would be the fact that prices seem to drop FAST, which would certainly give me pause when purchasing again. Time will tell. Still very happy with the Model 3.

I purchased my AWD last month. I'm not happy with the price decrease. I fully expected prices to fall, but not this much this fast. I don't think I'm "entitled" to anything. However, I'm a customer, and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I came from another luxury brand and while I am very happy overall, a goodwill gesture from Tesla to those recent purchasers would go a long way. I'm not expecting or suggesting something equivalent to the price decrease. But something would be nice. Again, I don't think I'm entitled to anything. But people continue to purchase from brands that make things right when people feel shortchanged, as I do here. My wife will be in the market for a new vehicle in 1 to 2 years, and my only hesitation right now would be the fact that prices seem to drop FAST, which would certainly give me pause when purchasing again. Time will tell. Still very happy with the Model 3.

Totally agree. I bought my AWD with EAP back in July for $59k. Same configuration bought today is $56,500 but that gives you FSD as well. So if I'd paid the extra $3k for FSD then the difference between buying when I did and buying today would be $5.5k.

Stood in line on day 1 just to pay more $$$. It would be nice for Tesla to make this right, but I doubt they will considering the debt.

Yep - I’m definitely solidly in the “Buy a Model Y a year or 1.5 years after they start production camp”

Between Tesla’s poor customer service and the ups and downs of their pricing and packaging, just not worth it. I’m also going to avoid the whole $2,000 deposit scam. I got exactly zero benefit from it for the Model 3.

Well said. Same position as you. I think it's the relative that annoys me most - the fact that the bookend models got quite a lot more love together with the across the board price decrease.

No way I'm being an early adopted on the Model Y now.

You're right, it's $4900 total because I purchased EAP with it which is why i said "same configuration". Hopefully Tesla/Elon will throw us recent purchasers a bone and offer a price difference refund or hook us up with FSD. They did it recently with the performance model purchasers, only time will tell right??

But that means it isn't the same configuration. To get the same features now would actually cost $100 more. (You would have to buy FSD.)

Tesla has already lowered 0-60 for Performance cars a few months ago and now they increased top speed from 155 to 162.

I know they said all cars have an extra 5% more peak power but it looks like that doesn’t translate into any improvement in AWD 0-60 times.

Minor correction, LR RWD are only getting a display correction to 325 mile range. We've had this range since day 1.

The 0-60 time of the Performance models was not actually improved. They just started measuring it differently (excluding rollout). It's a bit of a scam.
I’ve been reading that it’s a firmware update. It’s even on the official Tesla blog.

“We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.”

It does say “all” vehicles. So the lr awd should be getting a power increase as well.

No speed for YOU!