Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perf gets higher top speed, RWD more range, but no love for AWD???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree it’s not the whining or price drop.

It’s seeing others get comp in a way and AWD being left out that’s not cool.
I can live with the $3k loss or so... just more rideshare driving going forward.

You got to get the AWD as the LR who really wanted to wait for the AWD didn't get it because they weren't sure if the tax incentive would last until they released it. You were able to get the AWD AND the full tax incentive making your deal better if you purchased it right when AWD went live.

You got to get the AWD as the LR who really wanted to wait for the AWD didn't get it because they weren't sure if the tax incentive would last until they released it. You were able to get the AWD AND the full tax incentive making your deal better if you purchased it right when AWD went live.

Fair and I ordered and received quickly. Also right many RWD would have gotten AWD if the time frame was more clear.

I’m fine I’ll live

3,300 miles on the car some have been personal.

I’ve generated over $3k in revenue... $52k to go wish me luck. This thing is a fun rideshare car.

I purchased my AWD last month. I'm not happy with the price decrease. I fully expected prices to fall, but not this much this fast. I don't think I'm "entitled" to anything. However, I'm a customer, and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I came from another luxury brand and while I am very happy overall, a goodwill gesture from Tesla to those recent purchasers would go a long way. I'm not expecting or suggesting something equivalent to the price decrease. But something would be nice. Again, I don't think I'm entitled to anything. But people continue to purchase from brands that make things right when people feel shortchanged, as I do here. My wife will be in the market for a new vehicle in 1 to 2 years, and my only hesitation right now would be the fact that prices seem to drop FAST, which would certainly give me pause when purchasing again. Time will tell. Still very happy with the Model 3.

Welcome to Tesla ownership. They have always done things like this, they reduce prices, bundle options in the base trim that used to be extras. These things have occurred on Model S and X many times.

And FWIW price decreases by other automakers don’t happen as frequently or as close together as what Tesla has been doing with Model 3.

I’m guessing this lot of Model 3 buyers will have long memory and will be reluctant to buy or reserve a Model Y until they’ve worked out all the kinks and figure out what pricing plan they’re going with. I for one am in that camp.
Tesla isn’t like any other automaker. How many of them increase the capability of the car after you buy it? I wish people would stop comparing Tesla to other cars or car companies. Doing so means you are picking and choosing specific aspects of the car and not doing so wholisticaly.

Tesla is a technology platform. It’s just like buying an iPhone a week before the new model was released. Sucks but that how tech works. If you don’t lik it, buy a volt.

Tesla isn’t like any other automaker. How many of them increase the capability of the car after you buy it? I wish people would stop comparing Tesla to other cars or car companies. Doing so means you are picking and choosing specific aspects of the car and not doing so wholisticaly.

Tesla is a technology platform. It’s just like buying an iPhone a week before the new model was released. Sucks but that how tech works. If you don’t lik it, buy a volt.
Apple keeps prices flat for about 6 months before it entertains price drops. Usually for iPhones they only drop prices a month or so before the new one is announced.

And btw, I was part of that original iPhone group that bought only to have prices fall the next month. Steve Jobs and Apple gave all of us a refund/credit for the difference. (Here’s a link if you don’t remember: IPhone Owners Crying Foul Over Price Cut )

You missed one word, peak. Does your 0-60 time have to decrease even if your 5% peak power increase is only for 1ms.? :rolleyes:

The fact that the 3D is the only version which didn't improve in 60 on the site is what I think is baffling. Either that's a typo or they just haven't updated it yet or they're doing it on purpose. It's concerning it'd not be improved at all considering the 3D consistently get's in the 4.3's as it is and a 5% peak power improvement would probably put it closer to 4.2 consistently (if it's across the power band). That's a pretty big gap in advertised accel numbers but I guess it could be on purpose so they can upsell people on the P3D for higher margins.

Bought my AWD non-P exactly 2 months ago. It's now $6k cheaper and even more distant in performance to the P. It's interesting how they've dropped 60 times on the P twice now but the AWD non-P has remained the same. I really hope they do something for us instead of improving just the lower and higher models. I'm even willing to pony up $. At current prices I would have just gotten a P had I waited, as it's now barely much more than what I paid for the AWD non-P.
I've had my P now since the middle of last year and I can tell you that its 0-60 times have not actually ever dropped. The way they measure it has changed to be more in line with the other manufacturers. The drop is only on paper and not real world. So don't feel cheated we all have the same original 0-60 times.

Dude, take it easy. I'm more than happy with my car, best purchase ever. Not like I'm saying I didn't agree to the price. Didn't even say they owe me, only that it would be nice if early adopters got a little love - just like the early M3 Performance adopters did.

My wife and I paid top dollar for our LR and P3D (and, no, I didn't ask for money back). This price drop makes me really happy, especially for all the people who didn't think they could afford such a nice car. I love the fact that hundreds of thousands of new buyers are going to get an even better price than I did.

This should really help speed the adoption of EV's (hopefully I won't be breathing as much toxic exhaust in a couple of years). I really can't imagine what kind of miserable person I would have to be to take this as disappointing news. I guess I would have to be a "glass half full" kind of guy. I really don't like people who are constantly complaining about things beyond their control.

If you start your own auto company and build cars as amazing as the Model 3, I will fully support your right to raise the price or drop the price as you see fit (or even give them away for free just because you had a good year). I promise I won't bellyache when you give someone else a really good deal. More happy people is a good thing.

I've had my P now since the middle of last year and I can tell you that its 0-60 times have not actually ever dropped. The way they measure it has changed to be more in line with the other manufacturers. The drop is only on paper and not real world. So don't feel cheated we all have the same original 0-60 times.

So you think the drop from 3.3 to 3.2 was just for measurement consistency and didn't actually get a tenth faster?

Funny enough, I swear I saw 3.1 listed on the site right after the announcement but then it went to 3.2 some short time later.

If it is across the band it wouldn't be a 5% peak increase.

Thanks Mike, I wasn't sure how that worked.