Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be a programming error.
must just be a coding mistake. As broker don shows above his is definitely plus but shows as standard. I am pretty sure it certainly wouldn’t be high on the priority list to remedy whatever vin coding Tesla is using to show this and correct the issue.

It would be a problem if they order the wrong replacement parts for the car based on the software.

When I bought my car, the EV-CPO listing showed a car with performance plus suspension. When I asked the sales advisor, he said that it had standard air suspension. When I checked the labels on the dampers and the software, it said plus. When I had the car serviced for a leaky air strut, they preordered the part before I took the car in - it was the correct FDSS damper. They must have gotten this info from some source other than the one that the sales advisor, or I would have received a standard replacement damper.

Reactions: EV-CPO
listing showed a car with performance plus suspension. When I asked the sales advisor, he said that it had standard air suspension

This is pretty common. There's a ton of turnover in the Tesla sales organization, and I really don't expect many sales dweeds to even know the P+ existed on P85+ and (early) P85Ds. They hear "suspension" and the only thing that they know about is the "Smart Air Suspension" (SAS) which has been standard on all cars for many years now (I don't remember when the springs were dropped). Especially since you have a P85D, I'm sure what he looked at was the SAS option code. Earlier in this thread it was concluded that the PX01/PX00 option code is entirely unreliable to determine the P+ in P85Ds, and we can only go by build date before 5/1/2015.

Reactions: CSFTN
I have now had to the chance to test my pre-april Plus suspension over a lot of kilometers this summer. I have tested both with lowering links (+9mm all around) and both premium UHP tires (Pilot SuperSport) and budget tires and wow... what a fantastic machine.

Do not skimp out on tires for this car. Even 265 wide cheaper tires sacrifice so much handling performance and feel. I swapped them out very quickly with some UHP tyres and the difference is huge. There is so much more grip and the tires wheels much sturdier.

The lowering links is the icing on the cake. Huge difference in handling here as well.. wow. The car is so flat in corners and you can hug the apex so hard. Really feels like you're flying.

I had the chance to test and "race" against a 75D and I feel sorry for all the Model S owners with the regular suspension. That car was all over the road and the power feel vs a Ludi is not even comparable.

Next on the list is camber and toe arms for the rear as well as 285 or wider tires. Such a magnificent car.

I can understand that some people think its a little to stiff if they are hauling family around, but I actually prefer how this responds to bumps and imperfections in the road as it doesn't softly bounce around what-so-ever. The car is very planted and super stable even at 250kmh (Autobahn).

Timely resurrection of an oldie-but-goodie thread. 👍
Driving my car on a daily basis in an urban env makes me forget the bonuses of the plus suspension. Road trip to LA, going up/down Mt Shasta reminded me of how good this car is. Even with stock links in low mode, taking the sweepers at speed was hugely satisfying. You know, the ones with the tip-over warning signs for trucks and other high vehicles?
I5 is such a huge transport corridor and the mountains pose real probs for big rigs. I was hoping to have a Pepsi Tesla Semi sighting, but no luck.

My bud still brings my old P90D+ around for lunch and I get to drive in it from time to time. I do prefer the damper valving on the + but the PLAID's suspension geometry is Soooo superior that there really is no comparison. The mechanical grip with the PLAID is way better even with the more compliant ride. I'm sure there is a way to go full stiff on the custom settings but I've had no need as the corning performance is phenomenal with just the sportier ride quality settings. Whatever Tesla did on the referesh suspension (I strongly suspect roll centers) made a huge difference. It appears they finally stopped copying other company's suspension and actually thought about how best to do it for their package. Knocked it out of the park as far as I'm concerned.

My bud still brings my old P90D+ around for lunch and I get to drive in it from time to time. I do prefer the damper valving on the + but the PLAID's suspension geometry is Soooo superior that there really is no comparison. The mechanical grip with the PLAID is way better even with the more compliant ride. I'm sure there is a way to go full stiff on the custom settings but I've had no need as the corning performance is phenomenal with just the sportier ride quality settings. Whatever Tesla did on the referesh suspension (I strongly suspect roll centers) made a huge difference. It appears they finally stopped copying other company's suspension and actually thought about how best to do it for their package. Knocked it out of the park as far as I'm concerned.
Is the Plaid's current suspension the same as the palladium LR?

• Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight