Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys so I picked up my ‘14 P85DL and it’s totally awesome, I love it, but the ride is a lot stiffer than I thought it would be. I’ve got the performance +. I’m running 19s, 245s all around with brand new Primacys... is there a simple mod to make it softer? Would running Super Sports make it less hard of a ride?

When I test drove it, it had super sports with 21s and it had a stiff ride but I thought running 19s would fix it, but it didnt make that much of a difference.

Hey guys so I picked up my ‘14 P85DL and it’s totally awesome, I love it, but the ride is a lot stiffer than I thought it would be. I’ve got the performance +. I’m running 19s, 245s all around with brand new Primacys... is there a simple mod to make it softer? Would running Super Sports make it less hard of a ride?

When I test drove it, it had super sports with 21s and it had a stiff ride but I thought running 19s would fix it, but it didnt make that much of a difference.

Find someone with a slightly later car and swap suspension with them. They get the BMW M car suspension they want and you get the softer ride you are looking for.

Reactions: tubaprde
Hey folks!! So I am picking up my March 2015 P85D in a couple days, and I don't know if it has the + suspension or not. The vin is ~72xxx so I know the PX00 indicator in the codes doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Part of the reason I'm having a hard time figuring it out, is because the car doesn't have the air suspension, which seems to be synonymous with the + upgrade at this time. Does anyone know if the coil suspension can have the + upgrade, and if so, how can I check? I know the part number in the wheel well is the only true indicator, but it seems to only be the air suspension people have mentioned.

Just found this thread thanks to all the posts! I have the + suspension too- 12/14 P85DL here. I guess I can stop babying it now, LOL. I have the 19” Goodyear A/S tires now and hate them. Is everyone still recommending the Hanooks for 19” as well?

does everyone with plus suspension show that here also? Or what do cars without plus suspension say-Anyone know?

8A83FAB8-30C6-4719-9B3E-62827F5658A1.jpeg