Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm fairly certain that in the case of a lease it is not the leasing co that gets the tax credit, it would be the leasee.
Oh I'm wrong on that one. The title holder gets the credit. But there is no guarantee the bank will pass down the credit. I always assume in a situation like that you're going to pay full price, the bank will take the credit and laugh all the way home.

No no no - you have a performance 3 or P3D there is no Minus, if you gotta go somewhere then you have a Performance AWD!

I am on a quest to rid the world of unfair Model 3 Performance negativity..

My bad - and I happen to agree. I'm also hoping our cars will actually end up being more valuable than the more "common" P3D's since Tesla no longer sells them, and - let's face it - there are a lot of people who just want the acceleration without the impracticality of the larger wheels, thinner tires and lower ride height. Mine may end up being especially rare since it's also the "no longer available" silver. :)

Oh I'm wrong on that one. The title holder gets the credit. But there is no guarantee the bank will pass down the credit. I always assume in a situation like that you're going to pay full price, the bank will take the credit and laugh all the way home.

My understanding when I leased my model S was that US Bank inflated your residual by $7500 - so it helped with your lease payments, but then obviously you lost that if you bought it out at the end. It certainly seemed that way given that the buyout on my Model S was too high.

My bad - and I happen to agree. I'm also hoping our cars will actually end up being more valuable than the more "common" P3D's since Tesla no longer sells them, and - let's face it - there are a lot of people who just want the acceleration without the impracticality of the larger wheels, thinner tires and lower ride height. Mine may end up being especially rare since it's also the "no longer available" silver. :)
Same here. I have the obsidian black. And I also wrapped my center console in 100% real carbon fiber. She's truly one of a kind now.

I’m sure this post will get buried...

This thing started a week ago. Tesla said they’d communicate in a couple of weeks. Anyone who has worked at a public corporation knows that substantial formal communications take time. Anyone following Tesla knows you can multiply estimated timeframes by 2.

Chill. Set your calendar for a month. Enjoy your car and your life. It’s not that bad.

I’m sure this post will get buried...

This thing started a week ago. Tesla said they’d communicate in a couple of weeks. Anyone who has worked at a public corporation knows that substantial formal communications take time. Anyone following Tesla knows you can multiply estimated timeframes by 2.

Chill. Set your calendar for a month. Enjoy your car and your life. It’s not that bad.
It's hard for those of us with a P3D- on order. We need to know whether we'll get a $5k discount or not, so we can decide whether to edit our orders and add PUO. We don't have a month to spare.

It's hard for those of us with a P3D- on order. We need to know whether we'll get a $5k discount or not, so we can decide whether to edit our orders and add PUO. We don't have a month to spare.
You mean P3D Stealth, don’t you?

You should not buy a - anything!

Understand. 2 separate issues between already delivered and yet to deliver. When is your delivery date?

You mean P3D Stealth, don’t you?

You should not buy a - anything!

Understand. 2 separate issues between already delivered and yet to deliver. When is your delivery date?
I configured a P3D- on 10/25 (the day before the price drop). I’m guessing someone cancelled an order, because I’ve got a delivery scheduled on 11/7. I asked my DA about refund, not really pushing, just wondering if they have an official position regarding Elon’s tweets - literally no response... crickets.

I’m not too worried about the price change - just telling myself that if the prices were the same when I ordered I would have gone with aero wheels anyway - but to have the DA just ghost on me when I asked is a bit weird.

I configured a P3D- on 10/25 (the day before the price drop). I’m guessing someone cancelled an order, because I’ve got a delivery scheduled on 11/7. I asked my DA about refund, not really pushing, just wondering if they have an official position regarding Elon’s tweets - literally no response... crickets.

I’m not too worried about the price change - just telling myself that if the prices were the same when I ordered I would have gone with aero wheels anyway - but to have the DA just ghost on me when I asked is a bit weird.
That was my experience with the DA. Before and after delivery I never heard from them. They never picked up their phone nor did they return calls or emails. They called me when they needed something from me though. Once I took delivery never heard from them again despite numerous attempts to contact them.

Easily the worst customer service I've ever experienced with a car. I've only dealt with one company that was worse overall, Verizon. They are pure evil.

• Disagree
Reactions: Perry and P85_DA
FYI, I received my P3D+ in August. I called Tesla today to ask about the $5k refund and was told that, yes, it's a thing, but they are still working out the details. He confirmed my phone number and said I'd be contacted when they had a procedure in place for the refund.

I just called as well because I was curious and the phone lines are not busy. They don't have an official policy but he said that I will not qualify because my car is P3D and I don't have the PUP. He also said something about cars ordered or delivered after August 1st will qualify. I asked him send me the official policy and he said that they don't have one.

I will take what that guy said with a grain of salt. I think they are all clueless... they should just say "I do not any information or details on that subject"

Today on my P3D+ with FUSC order (9/16 - No reservation, I had one, but didn't use it for the order...), it finally reflects the modified price of the white interior and the P3D+ $5k discount. This did not happen until today.

I have no VIN or delivery date indicated so far.

I used a referral code for FUSC, so I'm assuming I'll still have that, since I haven't heard otherwise! :) What I actually think will happen at delivery when I ask about FUSC is: they'll say they gave me the discount, so I can no longer get FUSC. I haven't really read the contract I signed on initial deposit, so won't comment on whether that is cool for Tesla to change that or not (FUSC never showed up on my configuration, but was previously confirmed by email 9/19). Anyway I guess we'll see. I would take both.

I took my delivery hours after Elon's tweets but with agreement from the tesla customer service that I would get a refund. I am still holding them to that but since it could take a while to process, i am not going to bug them every day. I will let this sit for a month and then come back to them.