Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need to get someone big to send the tweet. The Electrek guy, the Model3club forum owner or Ryan MacCraffrey @ryanjm .

I do not think we are being unreasonable we paid $64k for our performance cars without PUP; we just want the option to exchange our free supercharging for something more useful EAP, FSD or a possible upgrade to PUP especially since free supercharging doesn't transfer if we sell the car. Our cars took at $5k hit overnight... if it had been 1-2k I would not have cared.
I KNEW there was a reason I should have spent the last 10 years out there on Twitter accumulating a following! Shucks!

I dunno if you are trying to get this right or if the whole thing is just for amusement... but Tesla has said pretty clearly that all pre price drop Ps without PUP will get FUSC. It is in every one of the emails. So, I don't think there is
such a thing as a non-PUP without FUSC.

For real.... We probably can get a hold of the Model 3 Club owner and the Electrek guy through youtube; they usually reply to comments on their videos.

• Disagree
Reactions: Roys3 and P85_DA
Haven’t read every post here, so just reporting that just received an official email this afternoon from Tesla denying the $5k refund, saying it’s only for P3D+ owners - won’t be for P3D- and to clarify I do have FUSC.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Roys3
Haven’t read every post here, so just reporting that just received an official email this afternoon from Tesla denying the $5k refund, saying it’s only for P3D+ owners - won’t be for P3D-

Well that sucks - meanwhile whomever I contacted has said "I'm going to escalate this so we can get some clarity" after I sent them one of the you-are-sol replies from our pal in Utah...

The above chart is amusing in a we-are-all-so-confused kinda way, shucks. Only saving grace is that it is kinda #firstworldproblem but it's the holidays and $$ is always quite useful around these parts...

I dunno if you are trying to get this right or if the whole thing is just for amusement... but Tesla has said pretty clearly that all pre price drop Ps without PUP will get FUSC. It is in every one of the emails. So, I don't think there is such a thing as a non-PUP without FUSC.

I was told by Tesla over the phone that since I ordered after the FUSC was offered but before the price drop that I do not qualify for either. So I have non-PUP without FUSC, and the person I talked to refused to budge.

I showed them the Elon tweet, but it didn’t do any good. Elon also tweeted that all P owners qualify for rebate. Tesla apparently decided to interpret that as all P owners with PUP, so showing them both tweets didn’t change their decision. I still have an email to customer support that I’m holding out hope will help me, but I’m not feeling super lucky.

I was told by Tesla over the phone that since I ordered after the FUSC was offered but before the price drop that I do not qualify for either. So I have non-PUP without FUSC, and the person I talked to refused to budge.

I showed them the Elon tweet, but it didn’t do any good. Elon also tweeted that all P owners qualify for rebate. Tesla apparently decided to interpret that as all P owners with PUP, so showing them both tweets didn’t change their decision. I still have an email to customer support that I’m holding out hope will help me, but I’m not feeling super lucky.
I think your situation will be fixed when the dust settles. You will get fusc

Reactions: MXWing
We need to get someone big to send the tweet. The Electrek guy, the Model3club forum owner or Ryan MacCraffrey @ryanjm .

I do not think we are being unreasonable we paid $64k for our performance cars without PUP; we just want the option to exchange our free supercharging for something more useful EAP, FSD or a possible upgrade to PUP especially since free supercharging doesn't transfer if we sell the car. Our cars took at $5k hit overnight... if it had been 1-2k I would not have cared.
True, true. Even though I'm a social-influence-nobody I was hoping "crushing a bunch of Porsches" might catch his attention. ;)
Now give me stinking track mode so I can do more! :D

Okay, I think this covers everything... the "Super-Gifted", the "Screwed", the "semi-screwed", and everyone else, there's like 7 buckets that people could be in depending on the dates ordered on, picked up on, PUP+/-/included

If the wifi antenna is in the passenger side mirror, maybe that's why I've been having intermittent issues (that's the side of my car that got sideswiped)

The Screwed, Semi-Screwed, etc. needs to be a heatmap based on votes. Let's the community determine this.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and Roys3
The Screwed, Semi-Screwed, etc. needs to be a heatmap based on votes. Let's the community determine this.
I disagree because:
a) What happens to a mangy dog, snarling and down on his luck? He gets kicked! (Kick 'em when they're down.)
b) What happens to a gifted poodle with a nice collar? He gets petted and gets more treats (Kiss their a... because they're up.)
Human nature. I don't trust some big group to vote on my small category...

So, who decides? Tesla decides. Let's what they're really made of...
They have high and fair mission statements. Let's see how that translates to lower level problems, at the customer level.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: robski
are you still showing "pay per use" for you? I figure about a month after they fix for you i should FUSC

Picked up my car 8/3/2018 got email from Tesla about FUSC on 8/6/2018 @ 11/29/18 my about page still says Pay Per Use

I've been notified they will be fixing it... I've not been charged for the handful of uses and Tesla does not have my CC on file (per their own suggestion)

FWIW

• Informative
Reactions: goodlucktj
I think your situation will be fixed when the dust settles. You will get fusc
"When the dust settles..."
So far the dust-up is only in the forums. On the corporate side we have no idea.

In many corporations they would meet, and laugh, and strategize: "Divide and conquer baby! Let those disgruntled customers waste their emotional energy. Then we'll release the Y and the Pickup, and nobody will talk about this little Perf3 pricing stuff any more."
Good corporate thinking - can I get promoted?! :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: fyresoul
I may be in a 4th group. I ordered a P- on 10/11 after the FUSC referral program, and took delivery on 10/31, after the price change. So I don’t have FUSC or the PUP. Is anyone in the same boat as me? I’ve talked to Tesla employees 3 times now to no avail. I’m told I don’t qualify for $5,000 rebate because I didn’t buy the PUP or FUSC since I ordered after 9/19.

I should have returned the car after being delivered, but, like others, I thought the tweets would be honored. Also, part of me thought if I returned it and re-ordered I wouldn’t take delivery by 12/31 and wouldn’t be eligible for the full tax credit.

I’m curious if any others are similar to my scenario?
Yeah that’s
Picked up my car 8/3/2018 got email from Tesla about FUSC on 8/6/2018 @ 11/29/18 my about page still says Pay Per Use

I've been notified they will be fixing it... I've not been charged for the handful of uses and Tesla does not have my CC on file (per their own suggestion)

FWIW
I got charged for my first SC. Tesla finally responded that I should have FUSC and said they would fix it. They did refund the SC charge so I think all is good. We will see once I SC again.

Okay, I think this covers everything... the "Super-Gifted", the "Screwed", the "semi-screwed", and everyone else, there's like 7 buckets that people could be in depending on the dates ordered on, picked up on, PUP+/-/included

If the wifi antenna is in the passenger side mirror, maybe that's why I've been having intermittent issues (that's the side of my car that got sideswiped)

LoL, since I'm OCD, I decided to recreate your chart with colors representing different levels of "screwed" and aligned it more. You came out okay to good if you were in the green, and red are the screwed people.

FlowChart.png

Last edited:
I picked up my P- 7/24 and was charged for SC even after Elon’s tweet about free charging. Contacted Tesla via email, never was refunded but now I get free supercharging (although it is a significant inconvenience or too crowded). This has been the story from the start, promised twice for mobile service and nothing, emailed with escalation and still nothing going on 3 months :(

For real.... We probably can get a hold of the Model 3 Club owner and the Electrek guy through youtube; they usually reply to comments on their videos.
I think those guys are aware but probably think it's too hot to handle right now.

Many of these YouTubers have already been "gifted' double 2020 Roadsters (through the referral program), so they won't want to "bite the hand that feeds them".

Don't want to discourage you though! Worth a try for sure!

Last edited:
I think those guys are aware but probably think it's too hot to handle right now.

Many of these YouTubers have already been "gifted' double 2020 Roadsters (through the referral program), so they won't want to "bite the hand that feeds them".

Don't want to discourage you though! Worth a try for sure!

I am going to try for sure.

I wonder in the future if we decide to trade in out cars into Tesla how will the price it in comparison to a car with PUP?

Reactions: Roys3 and dww12