Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't true at all. MOST will accept credit cards. Because the choice is actually 1) Paying CC processing fee, or 2) Losing a chance to close a deal right then and there. Any dealer, OEM, sales person, etc. would pay a processing fee if it meant saving a deal.

I've bought cars at BMW, Mercedes, GM, Porsche, etc. and put hefty down payments $10K-$50K on a CC with zero issues. They didn't even flinch and I got to get a bunch of reward miles!

Additionally, Tesla's profit margins are horrible given how expensive their cars are. This is due to heavy investment costs and lack of capacity to drive scale that the big automakers already have. Sure, their margins may be higher than GMs, but it's a fraction of what it should be if Tesla had it's *sugar* together.

I asked with my last two BMW purchases and both refused. The last one I even did online, with a dealer 500 miles away, and they still wouldn't take a credit card. They said I had to send a check or do a wire transfer.

I was driving on I40 today near Kingman, Az today saw at least four car carriers full of model 3's heading eastbound . At least 2 of them were White performance models like the one I'm waiting for since 7/28. I wanted to stop the driver and demand my car!

I saw what looks like a whole semi full of white performance. The next couple I saw had a mix and one I knew had a white or with black interior cause it was the back of the load all on i10 going east from Phoenix to quartzite AZ. Semi we’re going east of course toward Phoenix.

Last edited:
8/12 order, W/W, Denver. No comms. Sales Advisor Briana Scoggins is MIA. Called the Littleton center because my finance approval ran out and before renewing and another hard inquiry want to be sure of a VIN date. James looks up my order and says “You haven’t been assigned a VIN. Can’t offer much more than to say we are highly motivated to get deliveries done ahead of the quarter’s end.”

8/12 order, W/W, Denver. No comms. Sales Advisor Briana Scoggins is MIA. Called the Littleton center because my finance approval ran out and before renewing and another hard inquiry want to be sure of a VIN date. James looks up my order and says “You haven’t been assigned a VIN. Can’t offer much more than to say we are highly motivated to get deliveries done ahead of the quarter’s end.”

I'm right with you. Ordered 8/13 White/Black Performance FSD in Denver. Never had an SA did everything online, but got contact details finally for my OA (Owner Adviser) earlier this week. He said same as everyone though, just waiting on that VIN.

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of movement in the last day or so. 2 days ago a lot of people got their VINs. Yesterday and Today nothing. Hopeful something happens before the end of the day today.
West Coast performance getting NO LOVE. I'm trying not to think about it, but I keep checking this site and my tesla account page about 15-20 times per day. LOL.

8/7 order here in the Bay.

F27C2B08-9149-4636-ABBE-FAF0978663E1.jpeg
West Coast performance getting NO LOVE. I'm trying not to think about it, but I keep checking this site and my tesla account page about 15-20 times per day. LOL.

8/7 order here in the Bay.
Yea, someone early on warned me how brutal the wait would be but DAMN. Today is a month since order and I’ve resorted to building my own Model 3 from scratch out of my accessories.

Just ordered mine (Blue/White Performance) on 9/10/19. Not in a rush and I don't mind if it takes a few months. I'd rather get the car built right the first time than to have them rush it trying to get it out to me. Hope the rest of you get your cars soon though..especially the folks who ordered back in July or earlier.

Socal order 8/8 MSM/BLK AP, no VIN, Financing expired 9/7. I get the whole east the west thing, but it's a bit infuriating that some people who ordered WAY after me have gotten their cars already. This wait terrible without proper updates or responses from Tesla.

Hah!

What wheels do you have there? Swapping to winter wheels right away?
Once I read that the Performance tires aren’t rated for use in less than 40 degrees F (they’ll crack), I decided to get ahead of it knowing what happens to us in Denver in late October. I went with Tsportline 18” wheels to reduce pothole risk for our embarrassing road quality (where is that marijuana money going?). Michelin x-ices shipping to local Costco right now.

Last edited: