TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Chrisedge, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Member

I asked with my last two BMW purchases and both refused. The last one I even did online, with a dealer 500 miles away, and they still wouldn't take a credit card. They said I had to send a check or do a wire transfer.

2. Sickevo86

Sickevo86 Member

Has anyone in Socal gotten a vin yet?

3. Putttt

Putttt Member

No VIN yet, but received tentative appointment for delivery 9/23.

Ordered white/black P3D on 8/11.

4. superfunk

superfunk Member

Y’all gotta call out your location.

5. bluefin

bluefin Member

No VIN yet but i keep checking!
    Los Angeles ordered 8/11 - Blue/white Perf FSD 20" wheels

6. Putttt

Putttt Member

Phoenix Arizona

7. flatsix66

flatsix66 Member

I was driving on I40 today near Kingman, Az today saw at least four car carriers full of model 3's heading eastbound . At least 2 of them were White performance models like the one I'm waiting for since 7/28. I wanted to stop the driver and demand my car!

• Like x 2
  8. Putttt

Putttt Member

#2528 Putttt, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    I saw what looks like a whole semi full of white performance. The next couple I saw had a mix and one I knew had a white or with black interior cause it was the back of the load all on i10 going east from Phoenix to quartzite AZ. Semi we’re going east of course toward Phoenix.

9. fidke

fidke Member

Ordered white/black on 8/12, Buena Park delivery. Nothing.

10. Azimuth

Azimuth Member

SoCal here. Ordered white/white to Costa Mesa delivery center on 8/3. Also nothing.

11. superfunk

superfunk Member

8/12 order, W/W, Denver. No comms. Sales Advisor Briana Scoggins is MIA. Called the Littleton center because my finance approval ran out and before renewing and another hard inquiry want to be sure of a VIN date. James looks up my order and says “You haven’t been assigned a VIN. Can’t offer much more than to say we are highly motivated to get deliveries done ahead of the quarter’s end.”

12. z06tim

z06tim Member

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of movement in the last day or so. 2 days ago a lot of people got their VINs. Yesterday and Today nothing. Hopeful something happens before the end of the day today.

13. HelpSlipFrank

HelpSlipFrank Member

I'm right with you. Ordered 8/13 White/Black Performance FSD in Denver. Never had an SA did everything online, but got contact details finally for my OA (Owner Adviser) earlier this week. He said same as everyone though, just waiting on that VIN.

14. superfunk

superfunk Member

I think I only have an SA because I first called about solar. Then decided on car and did that online.

15. kc1891

kc1891 Member

West Coast performance getting NO LOVE. I'm trying not to think about it, but I keep checking this site and my tesla account page about 15-20 times per day. LOL.

8/7 order here in the Bay.

• Like x 2
  16. superfunk

superfunk Member

F27C2B08-9149-4636-ABBE-FAF0978663E1.jpeg
    Yea, someone early on warned me how brutal the wait would be but DAMN. Today is a month since order and I’ve resorted to building my own Model 3 from scratch out of my accessories.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. WarMachine

WarMachine New Member

Just ordered mine (Blue/White Performance) on 9/10/19. Not in a rush and I don't mind if it takes a few months. I'd rather get the car built right the first time than to have them rush it trying to get it out to me. Hope the rest of you get your cars soon though..especially the folks who ordered back in July or earlier.

18. HelpSlipFrank

HelpSlipFrank Member

Hah!

What wheels do you have there? Swapping to winter wheels right away?

19. IamSUCK

IamSUCK New Member

Socal order 8/8 MSM/BLK AP, no VIN, Financing expired 9/7. I get the whole east the west thing, but it's a bit infuriating that some people who ordered WAY after me have gotten their cars already. This wait terrible without proper updates or responses from Tesla.

20. superfunk

superfunk Member

#2540 superfunk, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Once I read that the Performance tires aren’t rated for use in less than 40 degrees F (they’ll crack), I decided to get ahead of it knowing what happens to us in Denver in late October. I went with Tsportline 18” wheels to reduce pothole risk for our embarrassing road quality (where is that marijuana money going?). Michelin x-ices shipping to local Costco right now.