Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 453742
Yea, someone early on warned me how brutal the wait would be but DAMN. Today is a month since order and I’ve resorted to building my own Model 3 from scratch out of my accessories.
LOL I also bought a crap load of Model 3 accessories! I've had to reschedule my chrome delete, tint and powdercoating jobs 3 times already. Already told the shop to not hold their breath and that I'll call them whenever the damn car finally arrives.

I'd like to see a reputable source confirm that. I'd say the likelihood of that being true about ANY Michelin tire is close to zero.
It pertains to all Michelin UHP tires from my understanding. I know the PS4S that comes on the P3 is a special version for Tesla (ie its actually almost an inch wider then the normal 235 PS4S) It is possible that they modified the compound to not crack in cold weather, but I would need to see that called out somewhere to believe it.

A few examples bellow of the warning.
Beware that some performance summer tires can crack in winter - Consumer Reports

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.54.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.54.01 AM.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: superfunk
It pertains to all Michelin UHP tires from my understanding. I know the PS4S that comes on the P3 is a special version for Tesla (ie its actually almost an inch wider then the normal 235 PS4S) It is possible that they modified the compound to not crack in cold weather, but I would need to see that called out somewhere to believe it.

Beware that some performance summer tires can crack in winter - Consumer Reports
Here’s the thread I had found. The cracking is a 20 degree thing, not 40 like I said. I think I confused that with the statement of 40 degrees being where they lose traction.

Model 3 Performance tires not rated for temp below 20 F ?

Reactions: Phlier
LOL I also bought a crap load of Model 3 accessories! I've had to reschedule my chrome delete, tint and powdercoating jobs 3 times already. Already told the shop to not hold their breath and that I'll call them whenever the damn car finally arrives.
Haha. Yea the tinting company I contacted has been through this many times with Tesla orders and they told me to wait to schedule until I get a delivery date

Holy crap that's awesome news!! How did they contact you - text/email/phone?

Ordered white/white P3D on 8/6 in Phoenix.

Been following this website for months... And also have had my eye on this thread for the past month (since I'm in the same boat as most everyone in this thread), so I decided to finally join so I can chime in!

I'm with you @thodgdon66 - I ordered 8/6 here in Scottsdale, AZ. White/white P3D.

I spoke with a girl from the Tempe delivery yesterday and she informed me that they are expecting ~1000 model 3's by the end of the month. Roughly 250 this week, 450 the next and 250 the one after. So that's good to hear.

Secondly, I received an email from my "Owner Advisor" yesterday and he said, "We are looking at about a week and a half for yours to be here, so right around the corner! I'll look into it a litter deeper and see if I can't see what's going on with it."

At least we're finally hearing some details unravel!

Been following this website for months... And also have had my eye on this thread for the past month (since I'm in the same boat as most everyone in this thread), so I decided to finally join so I can chime in!

I'm with you @thodgdon66 - I ordered 8/6 here in Scottsdale, AZ. White/white P3D.

I spoke with a girl from the Tempe delivery yesterday and she informed me that they are expecting ~1000 model 3's by the end of the month. Roughly 250 this week, 450 the next and 250 the one after. So that's good to hear.

Secondly, I received an email from my "Owner Advisor" yesterday and he said, "We are looking at about a week and a half for yours to be here, so right around the corner! I'll look into it a litter deeper and see if I can't see what's going on with it."

At least we're finally hearing some details unravel!
These detail reports are keeping me going. Thanks. Without these updates I’d just go buy more accessories and I’m running out of room in the living room. I have no idea if any of this *sugar* is actually going to fit on the car at this point. Gonna be looking like Fred Sanford chugging down the road with all this *sugar* hanging off everywhere.

Reactions: Phlier
Hey everyone :D

While my communication experience with Tesla hasn't been negative like some others (my SA has been in contact with me frequently since my order), it hasn't actually netted to anything more than knowing the car isn't ready. At this point, checking each day feels a bit like watching the hands on the clock and wondering why time moves so slowly.

Order Date: August 12th, 2019
Model: M3P White Exterior & Black Interior w/ FSD

My biggest concern at this point is that my lease is up the last week of this month and I'm definitely trying to avoid having to find alternative transportation for an undetermined amount of time. *crosses fingers*

Finally heard from Tesla for the first time since my order on 8/24 a few mins ago. They texted me and said to go on my account and complete my delivery profile which has been complete since 8/24. They then told me to update all sections of my profie which there was no way to update the items as they all just had checkmarks next to them. Finally she asked me to get my trade ins payoff amount, per diem and due date.

I provided that last bit of info so we will see what happens next.

I'm just glad I finally heard something from someone.