Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow! haha

Was yours parked closest to to garage door facing the parking lot? I was on the other end - furthest from the outside garage door.

We were actually right next to you, second to furthest away from the garage door. Lol I think that’s your car to the left and ours to the right. You must have came right after we left. We had the first delivery slot at 10 am!

Attachments

• 47D8253B-FBCD-492D-8AD2-645B9A164F9F.jpeg
    47D8253B-FBCD-492D-8AD2-645B9A164F9F.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 105
And yes, this car is faster than my Porsche. :D

Yep, there aren’t a lot of vehicles which seat 5 people and can run the quarter mile in under 12 seconds with no mods, and none that can do it for $65K.

To be fair to our friends in Stuttgart, your Porsche was probably “faster” meaning top speed, but not likely quicker...even in snobby Snottsdale AZ (where people buy supercars to show off, not to drive) there’s almost nothing on 4 wheels that can keep up from a stoplight or on-ramp. These Performance 3’s are quick.

Reactions: Phlier and Putttt
Holy sugar. Just got a call an hour ago telling me that the car just exited the factory inspection and they will be delivering it to my house in the next two hours! Don't let me down tesla. You can do it!

Congrats!

I was just over at the Sunnyvale service center to drop off our other car. I overheard an argument with another customer about defective paint (i.e. water spots, but permanent) on his black car with a service advisor. Tesla seemed to be refusing to fix it because it was not noted on the delivery notes and it was more than 10 days before it was reported by the customer.

If you see any issues, make them write it down before taking delivery - otherwise you are on your own b/c they can't tell if it is a factory problem or if it was caused by you. This makes it easier for the service folks to justify fixes.

A bit more movement:

9/13 Ordered White/White/FSD
9/25 VIN assigned 514xxx
9/25 evening: text stating "tentative" 9/27 delivery, online account shows home delivery on 9/27

No word from any Delivery Associate / Advisor (?) yet. Planning on calling tomorrow to hopefully find someone to provide the Final MVPA. Home delivery is fancy, but given the chance I'd rather pick up from the Fremont Delivery Hub. Fewer steps to final delivery seem like fewer things that can go wrong. :)

Reactions: bluefin
Got a text finally that my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow (even though my local advisor has been texting me about the prior delivery day delays). This text informed me to finish the contract acceptance. I did and got the full contract completed and saved a copy to my local device. In my account there was a link on the right side bottom under Order Agreement that said something like Finance agreement. It's a standard auto buying contract and since i accepted it it had my "digital signature". Logged back into account tonight at home and that link is now gone from my account and no where can I find this agreement... Strange. Anyone see that behavior?

Now it says we're drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment. I have a final contract and have already paid the full balance..

Hopefully I take a good clean delivery tomorrow, wish me luck!

mike

Reactions: jstabbe and bluefin
Car arrived after about 45 minutes, looked over the car, no frunk mat, low speed noise makers installed, beautiful paint and no other major build or fit issues I spotted. Signed some paperwork and the car was handed over.

I was a bit nervous doing home delivery but I'm glad I went this route. Got to sit on my couch with the TV on watching the tesla drive towards my house in the app. Would recommend.

Reactions: agbot
WOW-another happy customer here...
8/11 order of Black ext/White int
9/03 change to White/White
9/22 VIN
9/25 delivery at Fremont

Somehow, I was able to get everything needed from Tesla and Allegacy Credit Union it two days time and had everything go though. The check was sent today and picked the car up at 5:30. Tesla only needed photos of the check and the tracking information. Secured 1.99% for 66 months.

$57,190 cost
$2,500 deposit
$10,255 check at delivery
$50,390 financed

Car is *almost* perfect. I arrived early, did a full exterior inspection and noticed the drivers window/door seal is just a "little" bit off. It was noted on a "due bill" and will be repaired when I get a chance. Also noticed a couple small blemishes on the exterior paint but they'll all buff out with a microfiber towel and a spray wax- I tested them all with the good ol' spit on a finger rub test. I'm beyond happy/ huge thanks for this thread and forum in general.

Just a quick follow-up on my delivery experience from yesterday. Found a few more QC issues:
  • Trunk left/right gaps are wildly different, one huge, one tiny, easily noticeable. (In spec, right?)
  • Middle of rear bumper not clipping in properly (leaves gap between molding and the painted bumper surface)
  • Super minor: Front bumper left corner has some paint funkiness at the edge
  • Super minor: Chrome trim issue on passenger rear.
The only thing I really want to fix is the trunk alignment. The others I can live with since I'm leasing.

Car is awesome otherwise. Have an appointment on Monday to address my delivery issues: crooked steering wheel and the door ding mentioned previously. Maybe they'll tackle this other stuff... no idea.

Tesla has a long way to go to get on par with the rest of the auto industry in terms of QC, but I don't regret my purchase whatsoever. This car is the future, and technology/battery wise there's no company right now that can touch Tesla.

Last edited:
Got my white on white performance model 3 last night. I was supposed to get it delivered this morning at 8 am. I was so shocked yesterday when I talked to a real person from Tesla. It was the 1st time I've ever spoken to a real life person who works at Tesla....& he had good news...my car was ready to be delivered. I asked if I could pick it up the same day, he said yes, 3 hours later I was at the service center getting the car.
The car was perfect! I feel really, really, really bad for anyone who had a bad experience at this point. I couldn't imagine the hell my wife would have unleashed if things weren't perfect. White on white performance model 3 is immaculate. This car is crazy good looking in person. No flaws at all. Best of luck to everyone else.

Reactions: Phlier and kunzjob
Finally out of the waiting room!!

Recap of my order:
8/12 - Ordered white/black, Buena Park delivery

9/21 - Found VIN in source code in the morning, text to schedule delivery a couple hours later.

There was no MVPA in my account which my CU needed to finalize the loan so I gave Buena Park a call and surprisingly someone picked up on the 2nd try. Can't remember the name but the person that picked up was super helpful and said the MVPA didn't show up because there was some issue adding my trade in, fixed whatever the issue was and the MVPA showed up in my account within half an hour.

9/24 - Arrived early at Buena Park, found the car before checking in to take delivery and my wife and I gave the exterior a 15 min or so inspection. The car was pretty easy to find ... just looked for white ones with a spoiler then checked the VIN.

I think I was blinded by the excitement of finally getting the car and didn't find jack but my wife noticed a misaligned panel under the driver side mirror. Took a look and it didn't bother me so we proceeded to check in and inspect the interior. Found one stain on passenger side headliner and a few other really light marks that look like finger prints but other than that, nothing too serious so off we went, finished the paperwork and drove the car home.

Unfortunately though, it wasn't till I washed and clayed the car the next day (9/25) that I found the rear driver side bumper sticking out and the spoiler started peeling off on the driver side. Not sure about the bumper, but I'm certain the spoiler started peeling after I took delivery because I checked the passenger side and it was fine when I noticed the driver side. Today (9/26) the gap on the driver side was noticeably bigger and the passenger side started peeling as well. Also noticed a light grinding sound when I turn the steering wheel all the way to back in to the garage but I guess it somehow just went away because I didn't hear it today.

Just emailed my delivery advisor and he said they no longer require a due bill to address issues like these and to just go ahead and schedule service to get them fixed. Kinda skeptical about not needing a due bill but went ahead and scheduled service for 10/15 so we'll see I guess. Gotta give props to the delivery advisor for replying to my email so quickly though.

Anyway, thanks for all the updates guys. It made the wait much more bearable!

Attachments

• 20190926_133958.jpg
    20190926_133958.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190926_134056.jpg
    20190926_134056.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190926_134857.jpg
    20190926_134857.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190925_185049.jpg
    20190925_185049.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190924_195708.jpg
    20190924_195708.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190925_184956.jpg
    20190925_184956.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Informative
Reactions: Sickevo86
We were actually right next to you, second to furthest away from the garage door. Lol I think that’s your car to the left and ours to the right. You must have came right after we left. We had the first delivery slot at 10 am!
Haha! That could be it. Funny stuff...

Congrats to you!

I'm having it full matte PPF this weekend then on 10/1 the mobile service will be fixing a few things...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the two years of free supercharger to appear in the tesla account?
I used a referral code and it took two full weeks for the free superchaging miles to show up. I thought it was there immediately, and did a bunch of supercharging. Had to pay for it, and there's no way to have them go back and take the miles added off of your free miles, so you *will* be paying for all the SC'ing you do until it finally shows up.