Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

So I keep seeing folks mention P3D are "in pre-production" or they are "1-2 weeks out"...Who has heard that from an actual Tesla employee? Where are they getting that? Seems as if Performances are the most limited in stock and it would be nice to know we aren't looking at months of a wait.

So I keep seeing folks mention P3D are "in pre-production" or they are "1-2 weeks out"...Who has heard that from an actual Tesla employee? Where are they getting that? Seems as if Performances are the most limited in stock and it would be nice to know we aren't looking at months of a wait.

I was wondering the same thing also was curious if ‘pre-production’ is a real stage and looks like it could be case assuming the information is credible and timely.

Tesla's detailed production schedule (with timeline)

I was told by a sales person at a service center that they saw P3D's in "pre-production."

However, the quarterly letter just released confirmed that Model 3's are built in batches. So it doesn't seem likely that individual orders will advance through the process on their own time frame, rather a group of them would all go into production at once. I have no idea how fine-grained the groups are (could different paint colors or interior colors be in the same batch?), but regardless, it doesn't seem like there's been a P3D batch destined for North America in quite some time.

We're due, man, we're due! :)

955FDC5D-0E61-4AB6-9EB1-0EE6BD525209.jpeg
07FAFD55-F2EF-4AA5-91D6-569D4377398B.jpeg
Ordered mine 4/14 and I was told today it's still in preproduction. They saw the white/black one you're talking about, it's leaving CA for Nashville, but they said the one in preproduction would likely get here before transporting it to Nashville then turning it around. Praying that timeline holds up!

I ordered 4/ 4/ 19. Just finished wall mount - green light / ready to go.

I just need the car. Lol.

Last edited:
It actually sounds pretty dire. Doesn’t give me any hope that any of us will see our cars anytime soon.

But hey, at least my wall connector will be here tomorrow and installed early next week. My neighbor has a Model X so I can at least amuse myself by testing the charger on her car.

I'm not sure what to make of "when production starts back up for the US". There were 80+ new cars added to the inventory site when I checked this morning. And, there were as many new ones within 200 miles of LA as Philadelphia, so it's not focusing on one coast. They were just all SR+ and AWD. So there IS production happening for the US, it's just not Performance models. Grrrr.....

It actually sounds pretty dire. Doesn’t give me any hope that any of us will see our cars anytime soon.

I don't think the situation is dire, it is more a matter of Tesla not effectively communicating how and when they are producing vehicles and for which market. These issues are not permanent as gigafactory 3 will produce solely for the china market and there is a possibility of gigafactory 4 in germany for the european market.

Then again, I'm on day 15 (including weekends) so I reserve the right to change my perspective at anytime. :D

My OA also confirmed that there was a white model 3 performance with black interior in Tennessee with a small discount and under 1k miles on it.