Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 please. are there two different colors? S1326 delivered 6/20/13

Olivia....First batch was all red background with black Tesla 'T'. The OP offered to get some different color combos for future orders. I can not remember the color combos that were ultimately 'voted' in but I know the original red with black T and gray with red T...

- - - Updated - - -

2 please. are there two different colors? S1326 delivered 6/20/13

Olivia...Page 16 has a picture of the future color choices..........

Olivia....First batch was all red background with black Tesla 'T'. The OP offered to get some different color combos for future orders. I can not remember the color combos that were ultimately 'voted' in but I know the original red with black T and gray with red T...

- - - Updated - - -

Olivia...Page 16 has a picture of the future color choices..........

Thanks Al :)

I'll post the pictures of the new colors in the first post, and a link to the reservation list, but there's quite a lot of stock coming, so I do not expect any issues fulfilling the next batch of orders.

Thanks Al :)

I'll post the pictures of the new colors in the first post, and a link to the reservation list, but there's quite a lot of stock coming, so I do not expect any issues fulfilling the next batch of orders.
Just trying to help you get that model X :wink:

To all: I am very happy with my fob covers Pete has made and have no vested interest in his product other than I think it is a good one and support his entrepreneurial initiative

I've been using the new fobs for a few days now. I had been using the Logitech version. The insertion hole is a tad too large. On two occasions the fob has popped out. I have a small wire going directly from the fob to the key ring so I didn't lose the fob. My suggestion is on the next version that you decrease the diameter of the hole.

Andrew

Thanks for the feedback. I've been using a 'pre-production' fob holder (looser than the production version) for over month and never had it pop out, so I'm wondering if there's something up with the one you received. I'm happy to swap it out if you want.

That said, in the next batch I've made the hole 2mm smaller, 2mm lower, and oval rather than round, so I think that'll address any potential issues with the key being exposed.

Got mine last week. Very similar to the CaseLogic sleeve I used previously, but with the nice Tesla branding.

IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.