Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool, thanks. My local SC has requested some samples, which I'll provide with the next delivery. I'm considering making a small display case with a sample of each color option, and details of the website that they can display, but as TM have been fairly non-responsive to my enquiries, I don't want to push my luck.

Just got them. Like it a lot. I took out the cheap al key holder and replaced with black lanyard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 510
I received my car one month ago and Tesla provided a very similar neoprene key fob holder.

In fairness, aside from the use of neoprene there's not a lot of similarities, the Tesla one is based on the Case Logic USB holder, where the hole is higher-up (allowing the key to pop out easier), and there's really no tailoring to the actual key, or protection to the end of the neoprene as there is my my deluxe version. However, their's does have the logo, which I can't match! I expect to have a couple of new options within about 3 weeks which are not made of neoprene, we just received the final prototypes before mass production, and are pretty excited about them.

It's true. The SC here saw my keyfob cover and gave me a pair of their version. Even the neoprene doesn't feel as nice. I'm surprised they didn't like you using their logo, but are OK with the trim level branding and silhouette, etc. They should have just worked with you on a version for them to sell in the SC. They're a lot nicer.

I'm interested in the non-neoprene version you mentioned. What kind of fabric is it? The fabric outer covering of my fob cover is starting to peel away from the neoprene around the key hole, so I'm interested to see what you've come up with!

It's true. The SC here saw my keyfob cover and gave me a pair of their version. Even the neoprene doesn't feel as nice. I'm surprised they didn't like you using their logo, but are OK with the trim level branding and silhouette, etc. They should have just worked with you on a version for them to sell in the SC. They're a lot nicer.

I'm interested in the non-neoprene version you mentioned. What kind of fabric is it? The fabric outer covering of my fob cover is starting to peel away from the neoprene around the key hole, so I'm interested to see what you've come up with!

The silhouette is my design, not the same as the one Tesla have used on some t-shirts in the past. The attorney that sent me the original takedown notice just will not reply to anything I send, which I think is a shame, I think there could be a lot of benefit in Tesla supporting the community...I'm not talking about blatant knock-off products like red T-shirts with a giant logo, but there's a lot of complimentary products out there that would only serve to improve/increase the brand-awareness.

We have leather FobPockets and silicone FobPockets coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.