Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition: AWD to P3-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, and they probably never will. That's way in the past by now. Your best bet is the Ingenext Ghost mod. Personally I'll probably sell or trade in mine when they come out with a model 3 refresh with Performance from the 4680 cells.
Ditto my friend. Ludicrous 3 will be sick and I’ll stick with the AWD3 until then. I want to love the Plaid S but it’s just too big for my liking. Only thing that could stop me is that 2028 Roadster. lol

• Funny
Reactions: MagnusMako
Ditto my friend. Ludicrous 3 will be sick and I’ll stick with the AWD3 until then. I want to love the Plaid S but it’s just too big for my liking. Only thing that could stop me is that 2028 Roadster. lol
Is there talk of a plaid 3? It looks like there's physically just enough space for two motors back there, but they'd need to find a place for two inverters. They'd also run the risk of alienating the plaid S buyers.

Is there talk of a plaid 3? It looks like there's physically just enough space for two motors back there, but they'd need to find a place for two inverters. They'd also run the risk of alienating the plaid S buyers.
Sadly, none that I’ve heard. A few years back Elon did say on Twitter that Ludicrous mode would come to the 3. I was expecting that to be soonish as now it wouldn’t alienate S buyers. But, maybe they’ll just wait for 4680 Model 3s.

Elon has said Plaid was only for S/X/Roadster and not 3 or Y, however I say never say never. I think Elon is being silly by only wanting to reserve Plaid for the halo model's. Even if the Plaid 3 never happens, there will surely be a faster 3 with the new cells. And I'm sure if they wanted, they could design a smaller less powerful tri-motor that would fit in the 3. There is definitely a market for a higher end 3, without encroaching on S. Top end S was never a volume seller anyways. But I guarantee you a 80-90k Plaid 3 would sell like hotcakes. Anyways, this topic has been covered ad nauseum and I'm rambling on.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-13 014459.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 014459.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: phantasms