Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition for Spotify on US Tesla Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we know, here in the US we don't have access to Spotify on Tesla cars, whereas outside of the US it is enabled. About 6 months ago I signed this petition and couldn't help but notice that only a few people have signed it behind me.

I figured I would share and try to help push the needle. Needs about 500 more signatures.

Sign the Petition

• Disagree
Reactions: CmdrThor
As we know, here in the US we don't have access to Spotify on Tesla cars, whereas outside of the US it is enabled. About 6 months ago I signed this petition and couldn't help but notice that only a few people have signed it behind me.

I figured I would share and try to help push the needle. Needs about 500 more signatures.

Sign the Petition

What is Spotify and why should I care?

Reactions: david_42
What is Spotify and why should I care?
Streaming music service, similar to Pandora, Slacker etc. Why should you care.. more choice is better isn't it? For those that already have curated their own playlists on spotify it avoids the need to develop new playlists on Tesla's service or Slacker and provides a seamless experience rather than having one service they use at home/ on mobile and one that's only in their car.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tesla is developing their own streaming service.

Can we just stop with the "petition for ____" threads?

There will be no satellite radio, there will more than likely not be Spotify.

Also, no trailer hitch on First Production (or probably ever).

It's ok though, guys, there are cars that can do all of that stuff. I'm going to rehash an old joke, but: If the lack of any of these features is a dealbreaker, jump on out of line.

:D

• Disagree
Reactions: Bebop and melindav
more choice is better isn't it? For those that already have curated their own playlists on spotify it avoids the need to develop new playlists on Tesla's service or Slacker and provides a seamless experience rather than having one service they use at home/ on mobile and one that's only in their car.
If you're going to look at it that way then you may as well say that they should include all of the different streaming services since there are people using all of them. The best choice would probably be to enable Android auto and Apple car play, then everyone would be happy. Well, ok, not everyone, since some people seem to never be happy.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tesla is developing their own streaming service.

Can we just stop with the "petition for ____" threads?

There will be no satellite radio, there will more than likely not be Spotify.

Also, no trailer hitch on First Production (or probably ever).

It's ok though, guys, there are cars that can do all of that stuff. I'm going to rehash an old joke, but: If the lack of any of these features is a dealbreaker, jump on out of line.

:D

This will be a major fail. Just ask JayZ and he's a pioneer in the music industry. The difference with Spotify is people actually like it and use it. If it was built into the head unit we wouldn't have to stream using our phones and data plans.

I don't believe the licensing thing is a issue, if so they made a poor choice up front. Also, Spotify is available on Tesla cars outside of North America.

If you don't know what Spotify is, even the free desktop version is amazing.

Has anyone started a Napster petition? Not the current Napster but the 1999 version of it.
Napster.png

• Love
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
This will be a major fail. Just ask JayZ and he's a pioneer in the music industry. The difference with Spotify is people actually like it and use it. If it was built into the head unit we wouldn't have to stream using our phones and data plans.

I don't believe the licensing thing is a issue, if so they made a poor choice up front. Also, Spotify is available on Tesla cars outside of North America.

If you don't know what Spotify is, even the free desktop version is amazing.

But Tesla will have a captive audience, much in the same way iTunes has anyone in the Apple Universe ensnared. It's baked into their products, and therefor easier to use, since they don't have any extra hoops to jump through to enable or use it.

I signed the petition, if Tesla doesn't enable Spotify I'll wind up playing it thru the Bluetooth connection on my phone - not ideal. Perhaps put your petition up on Reddit on the Tesla section. I bet you'll crack the 1,000 sig's you're looking for.

But Tesla will have a captive audience, much in the same way iTunes has anyone in the Apple Universe ensnared. It's baked into their products, and therefor easier to use, since they don't have any extra hoops to jump through to enable or use it.

I strongly disagree. Companies should learn to stick with what they are good at and their core competencies. Not one part of Tesla says music. I don't forsee me getting to work and opening my 'Tesla Music' app on my desktop. Besides, they are light years behind. iTunes is behind as well. Spotify is the main reason iTunes opened up on demand streaming for $9.99 a month for individuals.

Reactions: voip-ninja
I strongly disagree. Companies should learn to stick with what they are good at and their core competencies. Not one part of Tesla says music. I don't forsee me getting to work and opening my 'Tesla Music' app on my desktop. Besides, they are light years behind. iTunes is behind as well. Spotify is the main reason iTunes opened up on demand streaming for $9.99 a month for individuals.

Elon sees it differently.

Strongly disagree with him.

• Disagree
Reactions: voip-ninja
I'm going to start a petition:
Tesla Should Publish A Comprehensive API And Mobile Data Pricing So That Anybody Can Anything As Long As Enough People Are Willing To Pay For It.

Seriously.....can we just get a dual-SIM chipset?

Primary SIM can be paid for by Tesla as your Supercharger POS/AP2.0/Nav data pipe, and the Secondary SIM can be streaming/browsing/personal use.

That may temporarily soothe some of the caterwauling.

Seriously.....can we just get a dual-SIM chipset?

Primary SIM can be paid for by Tesla as your Supercharger POS/AP2.0/Nav data pipe, and the Secondary SIM can be streaming/browsing/personal use.

That may temporarily soothe some of the caterwauling.

Why do you have to categorize legitimate complaints as caterwauling? This is the 2nd thread after you started the same thing in the tow-hitch thread where you are berating people for having different priorities than you.

Tesla have been lagging on the infotainment area... badly... for quite a while. They offer streaming music but they don't offer iPhone/iPod music integration. They just deleted XM from the Model 3. Tesla's three biggest competitors, Audi, Mercedes, BMW... all of them offer Spotify integration and Carplay/Android-Auto. Spotify is the most popular music streaming service on the planet and Tesla supporting it would probably be trivial.

I'm sure we all get it that this stuff doesn't matter to you, but it does to a lot of people. The smart-alecky "then order something else" is just disregarding something that isn't important to you but is to others.

Reactions: jsmay311