Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Drain- What's normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I resurrected this thread because of something I just found out. I had been incurring a phantom drain of about 5-8 miles/day while plugged in. I had all the Tesla controls set for maximum energy efficiency and nothing really had much of an impact.

I then changed my password for my Tesla account and stopped using Tezlab. Immediately my phantom drain dropped to perhaps 1 mile/day. Nothing changed other than me halting the use of Tezlab. Amazing...or maybe not. The app must have been polling the car at very frequent intervals and you have no control over that to the best of my knowledge.

The bottom line, I can live without Tezlab.

I suggest the “stats” app for iOS, polls super conservatively and won’t have much impact on phantom drain.
If it doesn't poll frequently, how does it know when you've started out on a trip? I thought that was part of the issue with any app. Poll infrequently and miss many trips. Poll frequently, capture most trips but contribute to phantom drain.