Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key not opening car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had their phone key suddenly stop opening the car? Pretty embarrassing when everyone's waiting to get in... M3 on 28.2 software and latest Android app version. Lease car due to be replaced in November so either it's being spiteful or at 2 years old, starting to show signs of age.....

Anyone else had their phone key suddenly stop opening the car? Pretty embarrassing when everyone's waiting to get in... M3 on 28.2 software and latest Android app version. Lease car due to be replaced in November so either it's being spiteful or at 2 years old, starting to show signs of age.....
Just use the back of your android phone above the b pillar just how you use the card.

Reactions: David T
My wife had this recently on MYLR and Android. 2 button reset and phone restart has seemed to sort it.

Reactions: David T
This issue has cropped up before - see here

I had the exact same problem and went through a period of having to re-boot the bluetooth connection on my phone to get it to work, frustratingly, my wife's iPhone (older iOS version) continued to work perfectly. I ended up giving up with it and bought a keyfob which I had intended to do anyway - I had one with a previous MS and found it useful.

I did subsequently buy a new (later) iphone and found the same problem reoccur - it transpired that it was an Apple software update that was the problem (15.4 from memory?). Subsequent iOS updates have restored functionality and it has worked faultlessly since.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger