Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of range penalty did you see by going wider? Im debating on the Tein's and the MPP comfort at the moment. TEIN seems to be the front runner on cost alone. While a range penalty won't bankrupt me I do like squeezing as much range as possible. So far with the RE30's ive seen no penalty since the wheels are lighter than 18" Aeros.
FWIW, I saw around a 10% range penalty going from 235's to 265's on a 19" x 9.5" wheel. My 265's have a more aggressive compound, but the wheels are a tad lighter than the aero wheels. My overall setup is still a little heavier than stock because the tires are the bulk of the weight. As always it will depend mostly on weather, your driving style, and speed but those were my findings. Contact patch seems to make more of a difference than wheel weight in my experience.

Reactions: awd_dreamin
FWIW, I saw around a 10% range penalty going from 235's to 265's on a 19" x 9.5" wheel. My 265's have a more aggressive compound, but the wheels are a tad lighter than the aero wheels. My overall setup is still a little heavier than stock because the tires are the bulk of the weight. As always it will depend mostly on weather, your driving style, and speed but those were my findings. Contact patch seems to make more of a difference than wheel weight in my experience.
Im not impressed with the stock tires when it comes to braking performance. The LR has some beefy brakes but it sure doesn't feel like it. I'm gonna run this set up for now and look into stickier rubber and possibly wider in the future.

Ui1lYYY.jpg

iZfxMJn.jpg