Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my P3+ today. Oh my goodness!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow!

What a car. Firstly, this is the first EV I've owned so this is all a totally new experience for me. Right now, I've not driven it much more than I have with test drives in the S and X, but nevertheless, it's arguably the best vehicle I've had.

The first thing that struck me is how modern it feels. It does make you realise that, while some tastes may differ, the lack of switches and buttons around the dash are totally on point. It just doesn't need them!

I did nearly have a heart attack when I tried overtaking on the motorway. I was doing 55 behind a truck and indicated to move over, some kind driver let me in so I put my foot down as I would have in my wife's 320d. Big mistake. IT JUST FLEW FORWARD!!

I captured some videos so I'm gonna be talking about the car on YouTube quite a bit. Will send links when I've uploaded.

Is there anything you'd like to see on the car?

EDIT: I'm getting security errors when trying to upload an image of the car - any ideas?

I’m finding at roundabouts you have to be careful whilst accelerating from a standstill because other people who are giving way to your lane simply do not think it’s possible that you will be able to get near to them once you set off. They look, think it’s OK to squeeze out but then look again in amazement that you are right there and they are in the way

It’s quite an interesting concept really because these cars effectively break some of the timing practices of traffic behaviour.

I’m finding at roundabouts you have to be careful whilst accelerating from a standstill because other people who are giving way to your lane simply do not think it’s possible that you will be able to get near to them once you set off. They look, think it’s OK to squeeze out but then look again in amazement that you are right there and they are in the way

It’s quite an interesting concept really because these cars effectively break some of the timing practices of traffic behaviour.

Yes this is something that you will run into a lot at roundabouts and is very annoying but not really avoidable as people expect cars to keep going at the same speed and can't account for rapid acceleration. If the car was a Ferrari people might be more hesitant to pull out in front of one.

Reactions: Durzel
Over time you will adjust. I can drive like a grandma or a pro racer in my P3D. Once you get used to Regen braking and the throttle response you will be able to drive smoother and adjust your driving style to get along with other drivers easily. You can have fun when it is safe to do so. Going 25 MPH (35 KM/H) faster than other drivers around you isn't safe at any speed including 200MPH vs 225MPH.

Congrats. I assume Leeds collection?

I was in there on Saturday again, and I think it's a great SC to collect from.

Correct, sir.

One concern is that they never asked to see anything from me. No drivers license, no insurance docs, nothing. They never even asked my name and let me just get in and drive away!

So if you want a new model 3... ;)

You can always enable the learner wheels, aka "Chill" mode ;)

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
@drivingmrte5la - Congratulations!

One thing I would love to see is Spotify (or the lack of) and how the Bluetooth interacts with Apple Music etc. My golf allows me to browse playlists over Bluetooth for example.

My handover guy probably spent longer showing off all the music stuff than basics like how to start and stop the car! Anyway, once you connect to your phone via Bluetooth, you can use the music apps from your phone, e.g. in my case I have Google Music Unlimited which worked great. Although that said, I did realise that I needed to download the music to my phone in advance for areas where the mobile signal wasn't good enough to stream.

congrats , anything to report about the delivery center? anything to report about your car ? anything found that requires attention of SC ?

Wow!

What a car. Firstly, this is the first EV I've owned so this is all a totally new experience for me. Right now, I've not driven it much more than I have with test drives in the S and X, but nevertheless, it's arguably the best vehicle I've had.

The first thing that struck me is how modern it feels. It does make you realise that, while some tastes may differ, the lack of switches and buttons around the dash are totally on point. It just doesn't need them!

I did nearly have a heart attack when I tried overtaking on the motorway. I was doing 55 behind a truck and indicated to move over, some kind driver let me in so I put my foot down as I would have in my wife's 320d. Big mistake. IT JUST FLEW FORWARD!!

I captured some videos so I'm gonna be talking about the car on YouTube quite a bit. Will send links when I've uploaded.

Is there anything you'd like to see on the car?

EDIT: I'm getting security errors when trying to upload an image of the car - any ideas?

There were a number of issues where the paintwork has some marks on them. Most of them were just the glue from panel wrapping in delivery, but there were some actual scratches, quite a lot on the front sill actually, and some others dotted around the car and charge port that require attention.

The gent at the SC logged it his end and I’ve got them booked in for next Friday.

Reactions: Roy W.
It's quite funny to hear people getting these cars who have had no experience of supercar acceleration. :)

I had a 458 before which isn't much faster than a P3+ on paper, at least 0-60 anyway, and as has been mentioned you have to get used to just being significantly faster than everyone else. It can be quite unsettling, if you're not careful.

Be careful folks, especially if you've not had cars with this sort of power before. Don't mean to sound at all condescending, but 3.2 0-60 is very much supercar territory. I would say it's probably even worse in a P3+ in terms of other people's reactions, as it is fairly unassuming. People won't expect it to fly past them.

Reactions: DJP31
There were a number of issues where the paintwork has some marks on them. Most of them were just the glue from panel wrapping in delivery, but there were some actual scratches, quite a lot on the front sill actually, and some others dotted around the car and charge port that require attention.

The gent at the SC logged it his end and I’ve got them booked in for next Friday.
Picked up my SR+ at Edinburgh today the Acceleration even on half throttle is simply incredible and the Tech in the Car is just astonishing, reading about it is one thing experiencing it is a whole different Ball Game I'm just Gobsmached !