Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my X tomorrow and Can't Wait to Officially Join the Tesla Family!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! I am driving a model X loaner right now while my S is in service.... it's freaking awesome. The auto door opening and FWD are next level awesome. Windshield is amazing, and I'm surprised that I find it much stays cooler than my S with the all glass roof, even in direct sun light. Only downside is the few times I'm driving into sun, but it just takes some practice with the sun visor. I can't stop thinking of how to get one. It's so versatile. If I could find a P100D equivalent of my car's upgrades, I might switch with someone wanting to move to the sedan. Or more realistically, I need to find someone with a 60D that is for sale.

Congratulations! I am driving a model X loaner right now while my S is in service.... it's freaking awesome. The auto door opening and FWD are next level awesome. Windshield is amazing, and I'm surprised that I find it much stays cooler than my S with the all glass roof, even in direct sun light. Only downside is the few times I'm driving into sun, but it just takes some practice with the sun visor. I can't stop thinking of how to get one. It's so versatile. If I could find a P100D equivalent of my car's upgrades, I might switch with someone wanting to move to the sedan. Or more realistically, I need to find someone with a 60D that is for sale.

Try the sunshade...it helps a lot....

Try the sunshade...it helps a lot....

I'm saying it's not really needed. For some reason the sunshade seems more of a must in my S than the X in the summer. I thought it would have been the opposite! I think they could simply make the visor of the X a little better in terms of width and ease of deployment but I'm sure I'd get the hang of it.

I really wish they would make the Model S with the windshield.... The thing about the X that I like so much is the incredible conveniences. Auto opening doors are great, the falcon wing doors, and the windshield aren't gimmicks, they are straight up superior to traditional vehicles. I really hope they don't get rid of these features.

Sorry guys for the late update. Long day but the delivery went great. Went through the forum's checklist methodically and found a few issues with some minor scratches/blemishes on the plastic trim area and service took care of it right then and there.

There was one minor area where there was a minor paint chip near the corner of the trunk and rear light meet. Service gave me the option of accepting delivery and they will schedule a service appointment to buff and re-paint that area or not accepting delivery until they fix it. Both would take about a week either way.

I chose to accept delivery since the rest of the car was perfect and the service guy said that it would also allow me to drive the car for a week and then add any stuff to fix that wasn't caught during delivery day.

I absolutely love the car and can't stop grinning. I told the wifey that i just might sleep in the X tonight haha. Any questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them all. Here are some pics:

20180604_163645.jpg
20180604_202744.jpg

20180604_195942.jpg

owning a tesla is so different, unique and a blast.
in the past few days, i've caught myself making excuses just to find reasons to go driving.

i even put bags in the 2nd row seats so i "have to" open the FWD to get them.

taking "bubba x" into the shop to get some xpel wrap protection tomorrow which will take a few days.

I hear ya. the average American drives 12,500 miles a year. I've driven 31,000 miles in 14 months of ownership in my Tesla. haha. free supercharging doesn't help, you find yourself brainstorming road trips to take.

Reactions: gavine and jtdiddy

First off congrats to the OP on the new X. I agree with this, I've spent a good amount of time in the S since owning our X due to minor issues getting fixed at SC. The S is a great car and would be my 2nd choice tied with a model 3, but the model X is so much nicer. I like not having to crawl in and out of the car and the windshield makes any other car feel claustrophobic inside. Never would have thought auto doors would be a thing (I don't have self presenting) but opening and closing doors manually is for peasants as we jokingly say in our family, really annoying going back to that even temporarily.

owning a tesla is so different, unique and a blast.
in the past few days, i've caught myself making excuses just to find reasons to go driving.

i even put bags in the 2nd row seats so i "have to" open the FWD to get them.

taking "bubba x" into the shop to get some xpel wrap protection tomorrow which will take a few days.
Hahaha this made my day when i had the 24 hour test drive i did the same i made excuse to go to the gym and go super charge haha loved the car and now i take delivery in 1-2 weeks in production right now

as an update, so after a short fun filled week with the X, i took it back to Tesla today for my scheduled service appointment to have them fix a minor paint scratch/ding on the edge of the rear driver's panel where it meets the rear lights.

i also caught a small alignment gap issue of the front hood where one side was higher than the other right above the headlights.

I thought if it is gonna be in the shop, might as well fix that too even though it's barely noticeable.

bad news though is service saying since they need to send it out to a nearby body paint shop, it will likely be 5-7 days turnaround.

bummer but it is what it is.