Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup from the Tesla Factory in California, will it be the fastest delivery option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too would opt to pick up the car at the Tesla Factory, in a ideal world Tesla would waive the delivery fee. Going from LA to San-Fran only cost me 100 bucks, and i have to pay california tax regardless.

You mean this?: $990 delivery charge for picking up at factory?? | Tesla Motors (funny enough just Googling "pick up car from factory" returns that first, although my results may be influenced by my search history).

A recent post mentioned that Federal law requires all buyers to pay the same delivery fee, regardless of where they pick up, how far the car is shipped, etc. I tried to find it, but apparently my Google-fu stayed in bed this morning.

Count me in for pickup at factory. I live about 15 mins from there so that's a no brainer. CA taxes is a whole another discussion though!
We got Evie there too, she likes to visit 'home' every now and then and visit the store to see the latest swag or plan our next trip and gear up (e.g. chains, matts, accesories). The tour was very impressive too! You will be amazed what they have done to that old nummi plant, it is immaculate and gigantic!

Reactions: pikachu
We got Evie there too, she likes to visit 'home' every now and then and visit the store to see the latest swag or plan our next trip and gear up (e.g. chains, matts, accesories). The tour was very impressive too! You will be amazed what they have done to that old nummi plant, it is immaculate and gigantic!

I wonder if they will be doing group tours now given the volume. May not have the bandwidth for a one-on-one experience!

I can't believe you are talking about where to take delivery on a car which is only conceptual, isn't even at the prototype stage and will probably not be delivered until probably 2019/2020 based on Tesla past performance. I think you have a few years before having to make this decision.

But if you buy your airline tickets now, you can get some serious discounts.

Reactions: Fiver
Depending on where you live, you could be getting hit with even more sales taxes. Some states require you to pay tax on a brand new car if it is being registered in the state you live in within a specific amount of time no matter where you buy it from. I believe this ranges from 30 days to 1 year. This was done to discourage people from going across state lines to take advantage of cheaper tax rates.