Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics: Model S w/ Lightweight Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35-36lbs for the factory 21" wheels.

The weight of the wheels will make zero difference to highway (steady state) driving where range matters the most. Aero is far more important in that case.

mnx is that w/ or w/o tires? I've never weighed them, so curious. I'm looking @ going aftermarket. Possibly with HREs, but interested to hear if lighter wheels can really get a better range.

I just pulled the trigger on forgestar cf5v 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 gloss gunmetal.... and now the wait begins.

When the time gets close I'll order mich super sports 245/40/19 and 265/40/19's.
(I calculated more aggressive offset so that 255/275 could be possible in the future if desired)

I need to find lugs and tpms too - but worse case I can pull them off my existing set.

:)

Any updates with this fitment?
Any pics?
Thanks!

Yeah they're great. Kinda wish I went wider in the rear for a staggered setup or 19x9 all around so I could have fit 265 tires on all 4 corners though. :)

When I got my car there was no p85+ staggered setup and I was trying to stay somewhat stock. Also wheel fitment info was pretty scarce....

I'm hoping the 19x9.5 fit that 4seven ordered in May because those are "deep" concave... The 19x9 and 19x8.5 fitment is not deep concave.

A few pics of my new setup: 20x9 all around, Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/40/20 tires.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31772&d=1380520488.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=31773&d=1380520489.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=31774&d=1380520490.jpg

I will be moving to a much more aggressive setup in the next year so I can be the guinea pig for all those looking for fitment info.

Bumping this thread since my aggressive setup is in. Just as a teaser (and I'll give more details when everthing is on) my setup is as follows:

19x9 +15 front on 245/35-19
19x10.5 +25 rear on 265/35-19

I've got the wheels but I am waiting on the tires and TPMS (which will be here this Thrusday). The wheels are FLUSH with the fenders so the fitment is a bit tricky and the rear wheels completely fill the rear wheel well. I may need to get a 5mm spacer for the rear as the rear wheel sits about 15 mm from the inner fender.

Test fitment with wheels/tires will be done this weekend if everything works out with shipping and my trusted installer. Then it's up to the Tesla SC to get the TPMS programmed. I will get pics up as soon as everything is on a fitted correctly.

BTW - Tirerack sells the TPMS sensors @ $97 each

Last edited:
why are you only going with 265? Especially on 11.5"!
I have 275 on 9.5" and I 'd go with 305mm on a 10" if/when I change
and why not wider fronts?

thanks

what tires are you going to run?

The 265 tire is to give space in the rear since the 10.5 width only gives me about 10mm of clearance between the lip of the wheel and the inner fender. The pyramid effect of the 265 on an 10.5 wide wheel will give me extra clearance. I am worried more about the camber addition when the car lowers itself at speed. This is all test fitting so I am hoping it works out.

The fronts I stuck with 9" wide wheels due to the fact that the sizing and offset offered by the manufactured was limited. So I went with the wheel that would give me the look that I was going for. Plus the whole measuring of the wheelwell prior to ordering was nerve racking. Will I get the measurements wrong? Will I not account for caliper clearance properly? Hub spacing? etc.

The tires I chose are Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position.

11.5?
Those aren't Tesla offsets
That tire is 2" shorter than the factory tire.

See above fitment concerns. If I was going with a skinnier wheel (10 or 10.5) I would go with a larger cross-section for the tire but since the wheel is so wide I have to compromise on the overall cross-section of the tire.

Things that I have learned from my inspection of the car. 1. Tesla rolls our fenders for us. There is no "lip" sticking out on the inside of the fenders on the car. 2. The distance on the inner fender to the motor isn't that big but there is plenty of space to the suspension components to add a very wide rear wheel.

Things that I need to learn (cue up lolachamp) 1. how much the camber changes when the car is in the low setting (this will effect the clearance to the inner fender 2. will lowering the car using adjustable links dial in more camber or cause more fitment problems.

Last edited:
the camber specs are in the manual in the cars touchscreen now as well as the offsets
there are specs for lowered and standard positions too. (if my memory is correct, it is Monday, I think :tongue:)

This falls into the RTFM category for me :p

I should have just looked in the manual for it but I was dead set in assuming that it wouldn't be there. Thanks for the info!