Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

Each employee reservation holder will receive an email the evening of July 28 with details regarding their Model 3 reservation. Deliveries of Model 3 will be generally prioritized by geography, starting with owners registered in California or those taking deliveries at Fremont. Because employees are receiving special priority, all Model 3 cars prioritized to employees must be registered to you or your family member and may not be resold for more than the original price. Reservation holders will agree to these terms when their order is placed.

Please note the following to ensure that you can access your Model 3 reservation on your Tesla account and receive employee priority:

If you placed your Model 3 reservation under your company email address, no action is needed.

If you placed your Model 3 reservation under a personal email address, please log in to your Tesla account and update your “Account Email” to your work email address.

If you have questions regarding your reservation, visit the Tesla Support site. Tesla will send more details on delivery plans, FAQs, and reservation updates after Friday.

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Now imagine you're taller and looking down. Also some people, such as myself, like to have the wheel tilted down low so it's near my lap. This can cause the top of the wheel to be in the way of the dash panel.

Is that comfortable?
I don't know, I feel comfortable in a car when I have an optimal view of the road, instruments, etc. And I am taller and looking down. I therefor adjust my seat to a lower position and the wheel to a higher position until my line of sight is unhindered. If I was small I would do the opposite, raise the seat and lower the wheel, again until I can see the instruments unobstructed.
And like smartypnz said, driver comfort is also a safety factor.

And talking of steering wheels. In another thread there was mention of a production Model 3 with a special steering wheel with an open top part. Anyone else seen this vehicle by any chance who can confirm?

• Disagree
Reactions: transpondster
Hotlinks expired, repost with direct links:

ySrQc5B.jpg

oggFN39.jpg

0g3z8h9.jpg

eC42Ady.jpg

Red / Tinted Glass / Aero Covers Off & Black Wrap Touches • r/teslamotors
50tz1x1xwbrz.jpg

How so? Your picture pefectly illustrates my point! Every aspect of the display is perfectly visible.
I just don't get it, honestly. What are you talking about??? o_O

Apparently. But how on earth?
See the picture above. Which part of the display is obscured to you?
Of course, if you meant that while turning the wheel parts of the display become obscured: of course they do, but if you have to turn your wheel so hard that the display becomes obscured, you are turning off from the main road. In that situation, do you really need to look at the display, or shouldn't your eyes at that moment not rather be on the road to watch out for pedestrians, oncoming traffic or other potential dangers?
And please, that's meant as an honest question, not as an attack on anybodys driving habits.

(Emphasis mine)
Now there's the German perfectionist in me that would call not adjusting your seat, steering wheel etc. to your needs irresponsible behaviour. Even if you don't have driver profiles in your car, adjusting seat and steering wheel seems less a hassle than dealing with the consequences of an accident.
Regarding that picture, I don't think that is normal viewing angle. To me it looks unnaturally high angle used for marketing pictures to give clear view of the instruments.

I don't have issues with seeing the tach and speed dials, but on my 2011 Audi TTS I am average height, but like my wheel and seat low. The turn signals are tucked up between the dials at the top and I can't see them. Not a big concern, but just an example that it's not always possible to view everything in the cluster for every person and seating position.

Did they say how dark they went with the tint? I'm not sure if I like the wrap with the red paint.
Hopefully not too dark. I have a friend who had tinted windows. He was in an accident that was his fault. Someone was seriously hurt. His tint was illegal. The judge threw the book at him for negligence. His insurance company was not required to pay a single penny as they had contracted in faith with what was to be a legal vehicle, not an illegal tinted vehicle. The guy lost everything he owns and all he'll ever earn. Be careful.

Regarding that picture, I don't think that is normal viewing angle. To me it looks unnaturally high angle used for marketing pictures to give clear view of the instruments.

To give a last feedback about this topic: when I drove home today I explicitly looked at how I was able to see the instruments in my car, both while driving along straight roads as well as while turning. When driving along a straight road, my view was exactly like in the aforementioned marketing picture. When going around various bends and I had to turn the wheel about a fifth of the way, there was no obstruction either. Wenn turning into a side road, a.k.a. when making a 90 degree turn, the wheel did obstruct part of the intruments, but I had to take my eyes off the road in order to even notice. Which felt very unnatural, as I noticed that I never usually look at the instruments while turning.
Of course, if I had my hands on top of the wheel, had fallen asleep or drove while standing on my head, like others seem to frequently do, I might have had difficulties in getting an unobstructed view of the instruments. But I don't, so I didn't ;)
End of story.

I'm just curious if the 3 seats and the S seats are the same....
It looks like they have fixed headrests, like my Model S. I wish that you could remove the headrests as they are almost never needed (the only one that ever sits in the back seat of my car are my kids) and they really obstruct the view from the rear view mirror. Wonder if that is the case with the Model 3.

It looks like they have fixed headrests, like my Model S. I wish that you could remove the headrests as they are almost never needed (the only one that ever sits in the back seat of my car are my kids) and they really obstruct the view from the rear view mirror. Wonder if that is the case with the Model 3.

They look removable or fold down. On my Lexus IS they pop up and then fold so they are out of the way in the mirror. I have them folded down 95% of the time.

Rear seat.jpg

It's only the middle fixed headrest that bothers me in the S, and thankfully that doesn't exist in the 3.

I actually never even use the rear view mirror in my MS. I just use the screen/backup camera combined with side mirrors. I sure hope that's consistent on the M3 and I won't care about the rear view mirror or headrests.

• Disagree
Reactions: ccutrer and Snerruc
It's easier to "get used to" when you realize that most grilles are not where ICEs get most of their air; they're mostly for decoration. Most air these days comes in from under the air dam.

I swear, if for some reason or another it had become standard to include a giant rubber duck on all car roofs half a century ago, we'd still be struggling to get people used to cars not having rubber ducks on them. And each manufacturer with their own style of rubber duck, each trying to make the duck interfere as little as possible with the airflow while still retaining their brand cachet. ;)

Never to be outdone if they could help it, up until 2000 Cadillac put at least six ducks on every one of their cars.

Kind of coincidental timing, but last week as I drove past a CHiP approaching me in an oncoming lane, I rolled my hand away from it's obscuring position and checked my speedo. Only afterwards did it click how often I have to move my hand or grip to clearly see my speedometer. Apparently I often cruise with one hand at the 12 o'clock position. At that moment I noticed how unobscured the area where the Model 3 speedometer will be and decided it was a non issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.