Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it covered 300 ft in 3ish seconds
That is 91.44 meters, so around 4seconds from 0-100m which is slighlty faster than Usain Bolt record of 9.58 seconds :D
Is anyone going to finish the math to give us a 0 to xx time? :D
Assuming constant acceleration:
distance / time = (V_initial + V_final) / 2
V_initial=0
distance=100m
time=4s

We got V_final=50m/s=180kph ... in 4s
So the estimated distance is wrong.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
Assuming constant acceleration:
V_initial=0
distance=100m
time=4s

We got V_final=50m/s=180kph ... in 4s
So the estimated distance is wrong.
Why do you have 2 seconds for time if it was over the course of 4 seconds? Using 4 seconds (100m per 4 sec : 25m per sec), it comes out to about 55mph, which is reasonable if this is just a LR model.

0-60mph = 0-26.8meters per sec
26.8 mps = distance / time
26.8 mps = distance / 5.1s (using LR 0-60 time)
distance = 136.68m

However, I doubt the acceleration is perfectly linear. So many unknown variables these calculations are 87.9% worthless.

Why do you have 2 seconds for time if it was over the course of 4 seconds?
Because it is a formula...which you put numbers inside. I put 4s in "time".
Using 4 seconds (100m per 4 sec : 25m per sec), it comes out to about 55mph, which is reasonable if this is just a LR model.
0-60mph = 0-26.8meters per sec
26.8 mps = distance / time
26.8 mps = distance / 5.1s (using LR 0-60 time)
distance = 136.68m
Your calculation is wrong. It's like half of your number, 68.34m.

1020.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chewy3
This is why I don't try to math before I coffee...I just wrote down how much distance a car would travel at a given speed. Wow.

You wrote:
I read
Chewy's sleepy brain said:
distance / time = (V_final - V_initial) / 2
I immediately thought you were filling in the data for the distance / time and I went downhill from there.

Reactions: tracksyde
  • Helpful
Reactions: TMSE
I'm actually curious about this bit because I had to slam my Model S doors pretty hard to get them to close properly when the car was new, but they stopped doing that after a while and eventually became really easy to close.

I had a Model 3 owner mention the same thing that the doors take some force to latch completely. I assume it won’t take as much force over time.

I don't know what I am looking at here. Please help identify the object near the top of the front disc brake rotor on the red model 3.

Here is Elon's car (I think):
Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 8.46.50 AM.png

Compare the position of the front brake rotor on Elon's car to the saw tooth edged object at the top of the rotor here:

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 8.47.35 AM.png

Are they trying to use the (heavy) disc/rotor as some sort of regenerative braking element...

Bad idea #1: Maybe cylindrical brake pads in the caliper that spin really fast so the magnets don't have to be so heavy?

Please turn these bad ideas into good ones! I am at a loss.

Bad idea #2: Maybe it is a regenerative hub at the center of the disc with enough platter left on the outside for conventional brake calipers?

Bad idea #3: Maybe those are not saw teeth, but gear teeth? (see bad idea #1 above, except don't use the friction surface for regenerative braking).

I have no idea what I am looking at...
Maybe it is just a standard heat dissipating dress on the rotor hub? Nothing to see here?

Last edited by a moderator:
------------

Are two different driving modes shown here?

The first is lane changing and the left part of the screen shows awareness outside the lane.

The second is lane keeping and shows speed with the road traveling under the car at different speeds. It shows no awareness outside the lane.

As a marginal customer, with the stock price where it is today, I would like to have the second behavior as a lower cost option. Is it?

How much must be added to the $35K price to obtain the behavior shown in the second video?

Post #2435 front hubs:

IMO. My guess is an experimental / testing / data gathering front hub. Most likely for use in the calibration of the front motor of Dual and possibly ABS as well. The extended wheel studs can support spacers behind the wheel for front track adjustment / experimentation. The transition to Dual involves front hub driveshafts attached to hubs that were previously just freewheeling hubs. Fitting, calibration and testing involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsmay311
Are two different driving modes shown here?

The first is lane changing and the left part of the screen shows awareness outside the lane.

The second is lane keeping and shows speed with the road traveling under the car at different speeds. It shows no awareness outside the lane.

As a marginal customer, with the stock price where it is today, I would like to have the second behavior as a lower cost option. Is it?

How much must be added to the $35K price to obtain the behavior shown in the second video?

No Autopilot option is free. Autopilot, all or nothing, is $5k. Ongoing Autopilot OTA upgrades and improvements free. It’s in very early stages right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.